Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mick McCarthy said: “He asked for the transfer and we’ve agreed it.

“I think it’s one of those deals that if we didn’t let him go I don’t know how much we’d get out of him for a few weeks, and I get that.

“I’ve got no animosity towards him.

“I understand why he wants to move because it’s Newcastle, and I said to him if somebody asked me I’d be sorely tempted and all.”

Class words from Mick.

20m for James McCarthy? I know transfer fees have gone a bit bonkers recently but fucking hell. :lol:

Anyway, I'd rather we looked elsewhere. Have never seen the fuss regarding McCarthy.

20m for James McCarthy? I know transfer fees have gone a bit bonkers recently but f***ing hell. :lol:

Anyway, I'd rather we looked elsewhere. Have never seen the fuss regarding McCarthy.

Agreed, Everton fans don't rate him at all.

20m for James McCarthy? I know transfer fees have gone a bit bonkers recently but f***ing hell. :lol:

Ireland's CM has been a huge problem for years and this lad has been a mainstay. If he can't look like one of our best players then how good can he be? :lol:

20m for James McCarthy? I know transfer fees have gone a bit bonkers recently but f***ing hell. [emoji38]

Ireland's CM has been a huge problem for years and this lad has been a mainstay. If he can't look like one of our best players then how good can he be? [emoji38]

He'd just be a complete waste of a player in the Championship, never wants the ball, when he does get it he just passes it to the nearest player. Decent defensively. Only seen him play twice and obviously at a lower level but I'd prefer to play Hayden

Don't see him that much for Everton but the general opinion in Ireland is that he's not that great, or a "waste of space" as Eamon Dunphy put it

If we are looking for another CM, it has to be of the same or better calibre than Hayden because there is no way that guy is getting replaced. Hayden would probably be one of the first name on the team sheet and if he gets injured, we're back down to Shelvey and Colback. Diame is good but Hayden is so much better at controlling the midfield, winning back possesion and calming things down.

If we are looking for another CM, it has to be of the same or better calibre than Hayden because there is no way that guy is getting replaced. Hayden would probably be one of the first name on the team sheet and if he gets injured, we're back down to Shelvey and Colback. Diame is good but Hayden is so much better at controlling the midfield, winning back possesion and calming things down.

Arsene might regret that one. Looks the part.