Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like McCarthy a lot but reading he may need groin surgery.. so dont know where that puts us.

"James McCarthy has a groin problem and we will decide tomorrow whether he needs an operation," the Dutchman said after the win over Stoke.

Asked if he will let McCarthy leave in this transfer window, Koeman replied: “No.

"There is more interest in players of Everton and we like to keep everybody and players like McCarthy need to stay."

After yesterday I'm pretty content with how we are looking. Mitrovic and Gayle to come back in, lazaar in today and Murphy for a bit of competition up front. Atsu or a left winger in and with how we looked yesterday id be very confident again after that early blip! I was banging on about a creative midfielder but if Hayden Shelvey and Diame carry on like that then there's no need!

I would be happy with Mccarthy.  Hayden gets injured and we are in a world of trouble, as we don't have any other energetic midfielders that can win the ball back.

Likely to mean Colback straight back in!

McCarthy would replace Hayden (you would hope) not Sissoko. Sissoko would be competing with Perez, Diame, Ritchie and Shelvey.

If we are going off yesterday's team then Shelvey imo, McCarthy and Hayden plus two forwards would be class imo.

Shelvey was the best player on the park.

I like McCarthy but he's basically the midfielder Colback wants to be, I wouldn't be dropping Shelvey for him if he can play like that often enough, we need him.

Hayden wold probably be given more freedom to drive forward if both played, which would be interesting. Think Rafa would just rotate different pairings ultimately, which would be cool with me.

Eh? :lol:

McCarthy is probably better than Hayden like and he'd be the one to make way if McCartgy comes in. Hayden & McCarthy in the centre seems far too reserved. I wish you would let Rafa get on with it like.

McCarthy isn't coming haha and I will do especially after yesterday. Get the window shut and another week of training we will be flying. Can't wait for Derby next match!

McCarthy would replace Hayden (you would hope) not Sissoko. Sissoko would be competing with Perez, Diame, Ritchie and Shelvey.

If we are going off yesterday's team then Shelvey imo, McCarthy and Hayden plus two forwards would be class imo.

Shelvey was the best player on the park.

I like McCarthy but he's basically the midfielder Colback wants to be, I wouldn't be dropping Shelvey for him if he can play like that often enough, we need him.

I know he was but we all know he won't do that every week and we need an alternative. Besides McCarthy is a lot more advanced than the likes of Colback and Hayden as well as being superior technically.

The other issue is Shelvey isn't that mobile so I'd like an option where both our CMs are capable of covering ground and playing.

Obviously 20m seems a bit much mind.