Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

La Opinion A Coruna write: "Deportivo have discarded three options: Joselu and Ayoze Perez – both prohibitive from an economic point of view – and Mariano Diaz, who wants to stay at Real Madrid."

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-transfer-gossip-joselu-and-ayoze-perez-out-of-reach-for-deportivo-la-coruna/story-29666667-detail/story.html

Bit of non-news

Graeme Bailey

‏@GraemeBailey

Newcastle confident that deals for Christian Atsu and Callum McMananman are just about done.

:(

It's not so bad.  The deal for McMananman is for some radgie from Scotswood to cave his head in with a half brick for £20.

Newcastle United have completed the signing of young goalkeeper Otto Huutanen from Finnish club FC Ilves.

The 16-year-old, who was born in Tampere, Finland, arrives at United's Little Benton Academy having undertaken a week-long trial last July.

And the teenager will link up with Dave Watson's Magpies Under-18 squad.

Huutanen has been playing for Ilves' under-19 side in his homeland, and he has also been capped by Finland at under-17 level.

Will be our keeper when we win the Champions League in 10 years time.

I have to agree that we have signed some not so very exciting players this summer. But how many of them are going to be first choice when looking at the positions that they play in? For example Hanley and Clark will probably sit on the bench in most games, and so will Murphy. And i'm pretty certain that "higher profile" players would have expected to start more often than not. These players are mainly signed because they can do a solid job when called upon and they have experience in this division so when needed they can come in and do a decent job and they wont have to be bedded in adapt before they get thrown in. Meanwhile players like Ritchie, Gayle, Diame, Hayden, Lazaar, Yedlin are more likely play a bigger role as our main starting players, together with players that we have since before.

I think Rafa is having a pretty good idea which 11 probably will be his main players, even though our "second eleven" will have a couple of players jumping in every now and then and start. To keep the main players fresh as well as when there are injuries and suspensions or whatever it might be. I'm pretty certain though that he wont play too many of his second eleven players at the same time as he will want to be sure that the eleven that starts will mainly include his more important players. It might sound weird when i say second eleven players and he will do rotation and all that, but the core in each team he starts will include more of his important players than the ones mainly used as squad players.

I also think that Rafa is trying to get a good good balance when it comes to signing new players, i would like to think that he wants to make us as strong as possible without spending crazy money. He will want to make sure that we go up without spending a ridiculous amount of money on the squad as whole, on too many players he probably wont see as good enough when/if we go up. I think he is a year ahead in his planning and is keeping his powder a bit dry as he aims to sign more high calibre players when we hopefully are in the Premier League again. That is probably why we haven't signed too many players in the £10-15m bracket. He will aim big next season :thup: and that's why i'm not too worried that we arent signing as many exciting players as we probably could. Wouldn't even surprise we if we sell a couple of players next season that we've just signed, without losing too much money on them (the ones not seemed good enough for our starting eleven or as backup)

I have to agree that we have signed some not so very exciting players this summer. But how many of them are going to be first choice when looking at the positions that they play in? For example Hanley and Clark will probably sit on the bench in most games, and so will Murphy. And i'm pretty certain that "higher profile" players would have expected to start more often than not. These players are mainly signed because they can do a solid job when called upon and they have experience in this division so when needed they can come in and do a decent job and they wont have to be bedded in adapt before they get thrown in. Meanwhile players like Ritchie, Gayle, Diame, Hayden, Lazaar, Yedlin are more likely play a bigger role as our main starting players, together with players that we have since before.

I think Rafa is having a pretty good idea which 11 probably will be his main players, even though our "second eleven" will have a couple of players jumping in every now and then and start. To keep the main players fresh as well as when there are injuries and suspensions or whatever it might be. I'm pretty certain though that he wont play too many of his second eleven players at the same time as he will want to be sure that the eleven that starts will mainly include his more important players. It might sound weird when i say second eleven players and he will do rotation and all that, but the core in each team he starts will include more of his important players than the ones mainly used as squad players.

I also think that Rafa is trying to get a good good balance when it comes to signing new players, i would like to think that he wants to make us as strong as possible without spending crazy money. He will want to make sure that we go up without spending a ridiculous amount of money on the squad as whole, on too many players he probably wont see as good enough when/if we go up. I think he is a year ahead in his planning and is keeping his powder a bit dry as he aims to sign more high calibre players when we hopefully are in the Premier League again. That is probably why we haven't signed too many players in the £10-15m bracket. He will aim big next season :thup: and that's why i'm not too worried that we arent signing as many exciting players as we probably could. Wouldn't even surprise we if we sell a couple of players next season that we've just signed, without losing too much money on them (the ones not seemed good enough for our starting eleven or as backup)

One of Hanley & Clark won't be here this time next year imo. We'll have Lascelles, Mbemba, one of those two and hopefully a senior first-choice CB.

Sels, Diame, Yedlin & Lazaar are four who you'd think might start in a bottom half Premier League team so will be useful, Ritchie similar. I'd expect Gayle to be a sub by then. Hayden has potential and probably fits the profile of the first two. I doubt the rest will be here.

Guest reefatoon

Seen the size of it and thought I need a cuppa before I tackle all that. Came back to see your response there, so don't think I will bother now. Tea doon the sink in disgust.