Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not if he had better clubs after him and better offers.

It was probably the first offer he had. It's not even January yet. The reason he is going to Preston anyway is that he is coming from the League of Ireland and it's a risk coming from there to a much more competitive league. He's proven in the Europa League he can do well at a higher level though. No guarantees that he will be brilliant or anything but to say that him going to Preston is proof that he isn't good enough is ridiculous

If we get 20 million for him I'd take it.

I wouldn't like. Being promoted is worth more than any £20m to us and from what I've seen of Grant Hanley, and even Mbemba this season, losing Lascelles wouldn't do us any favours. Wouldn't sell any of the regular 16 or so 1st teamers in January. Should try to keep the squad together until the summer than thank those who aren't good enough for the PL and allow them to move on.

Why the fuck would you want to sell Lascelles for 20m? If he has a decent year back in the premiership he could fetch a stupid fee. Stones went for 50 remember and he can't defend.

And that's ignoring that we would be weaker without him.

loan mbemba for a season imo, don't sell, he's young and cost f*** all

He didn't cost fuck all like

£8m wasn't it?  21/22 years old

i'd fire him out on loan to italy or somewhere to learn his trade a bit, £8m is nothing these days and we'd get a fraction of that back anyways

Guest neesy111

Out of the CB's we've got I think Mbemba will be one to go.  I was a fan last season but in the few games he played this season he's looked poor to me considering the money we spent on him.

Guest neesy111

Out of the CB's we've got I think Mbemba will be one to go.  I was a fan last season but in the few games he played this season he's looked poor to me considering the money we spent on him.

He was Cacapa levels against Wolves I think it was.

It was that game and the Huddersfield game where he was awful.