Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There's more chance of me signing for Newcastle than that last one happening this January

I still think Forestieri will be a good option as he can play left wing and number 10

You on about Sigurdsson? Its probably unlikely but Swans want Mitro so you never know. We had Ritchie & Diame choose the championship over the PL also if swans are going down anyway and we are on the up its a better option.

I know where id rather play, and i know what gaffer id choose out of Bradley or Raffa to play under. Carr watch Sigurdsson for a number of seasons all the way back to his Reading days.

I get what you are saying all the same though.

Swansea would be pretty much accepting relegation if they sold Sigurdsson plus he's probably the only player at Swansea who you can see bringing in a fee of at least £15mil so they wouldn't do a straight swap deal with Mitrovic. He'd have better options than us too I'd imagine.

I love him though, we should have tried to sign him from Hoffenheim or Spurs but there's no chance this January

We should be looking at players who can improve us once we're in the PL if we go into the market in January. Financially we're in a healthy position and I would have thought we'd be a more attractive proposition for potential signings than a current bottom 8 PL club with the exception of maybe Leicester.  Assuming Shelvey gets a ban and Diame is away at the ACON it's clear where we need to be looking at strengthening.

We should be looking at players who can improve us once we're in the PL if we go into the market in January. Financially we're in a healthy position and I would have thought we'd be a more attractive proposition for potential signings than a current bottom 8 PL club with the exception of maybe Leicester.  Assuming Shelvey gets a ban and Diame is away at the ACON it's clear where we need to be looking at strengthening.

Provided Rafa stays and Ashley continues to support him, we will be a FAR more attractive proposition than all PL clubs bar the Top 6....stability will be the key, but if top players are sure that this will continue they will want to play for both NUFC and Rafa..he has won more than any current PL manager and we are capable of filling a 75,000 stadium if we start doing well.

Remember how we signed really good players under KK when we had just escaped from relegation to the Third div 2 years previously... we can do that again but ONLY if we show ambition and continuity...we would blow the likes of Leicester and Southamptom away quite frankly.

Careful. You will be classed as deluded there even though it is right.

We should of blown Southampton away for players 3 years ago instead of Ashley making a total mess of things.

Toby Alderweireld was the big one for me, we should of been all over that yet allowed him to go to Southampton on loan.

If we had just shown a medium level of ambition and signed the players that our status warranted from 2006-2015 we would never have left the top half.

That time when we were on a par with Spurs around 2005 as us and them most likely to break into the top group of clubs on a regular basis.

They carried on signing top young talent like Bale, Walker, Modric etc etc and we signed mercenaries or players we thought we could make a quick buck on. There was no reason coming off the back of top 4 finishes and a champions league campaign and a UEFA cup semi final that we couldn't have got players like that. Keegan even said Modric was up for coming here.

So frustrating.

Hopefully from the summer we sign the calibre of players that we should be