Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd hope we'd go for younger and better than Snodgrass. It's a Villa signing, we should expect more.

Still can't believe we wasted any amount of money on Murphy, so worried this one will actually happen. Rafa is a bit hit and miss in the transfer market so far.

Snodgrass we need, we lack depth on the wing which is why Gouffran has played quite a lot.

He's not a winger, though. He just gets put out there so he can play the free role.

Neither is Gouffran but I don't like out and out wingers, just players who can actually play decent in wide positions.

I'd hope we'd go for younger and better than Snodgrass. It's a Villa signing, we should expect more.

Still can't believe we wasted any amount of money on Murphy, so worried this one will actually happen. Rafa is a bit hit and miss in the transfer market so far.

Snodgrass is way better than Murphy though

How exactly is he hit and miss? Some of the people that we signed in the summer may have not played much, but they are much needed competitionfor places.

Snodgrass is way better than Murphy though

Without doubt. I wouldn't have wanted Murphy if We were a league one outfit. Snodgrass still isn't the type of player we should be looking at, unless we fear we. Won't make it up with this squad.

Seriously? Absolutely transformed the club from top to bottom in terms of recruitment. Handled outgoings better than any manager we've had before by rinsing every last penny out of Spurs and Liverpool for two players who didn't want to be here. Bought the right blend of talent and hard working players to create a much stronger team ethic which sees us top the league (the main objective no matter what).

It's blatantly obvious Snodgrass would improve our squad. So what if Murphy hasn't featured much, he's part of a close-knit squad who are all pulling in the same direction now. What would you prefer? Riviere and Obertan?

I seriously hope Rafa never comes into contact with some fans' opinion of everything he's doing for our club.

Snodgrass we need, we lack depth on the wing which is why Gouffran has played quite a lot.

He's not a winger, though. He just gets put out there so he can play the free role.

Bet you're buzzing at this link, like. You used to lick his hoop all the time back when you were a Leeds expert.

Seriously? Absolutely transformed the club from top to bottom in terms of recruitment. Handled outgoings better than any manager we've had before by rinsing every last penny out of Spurs and Liverpool for two players who didn't want to be here. Bought the right blend of talent and hard working players to create a much stronger team ethic which sees us top the league (the main objective no matter what).

It's blatantly obvious Snodgrass would improve our squad. So what if Murphy hasn't featured much, he's part of a close-knit squad who are all pulling in the same direction now. What would you prefer? Riviere and Obertan?

I seriously hope Rafa never comes into contact with some fans' opinion of everything he's doing for our club.

Well said.

Rafa is always a bit hit and miss in the transfer market in terms of top quality, he has always made questionable signings at most clubs, however what he does better than most is gets them to play as a team and signs players to fit his tactics and formation. He could go out and get a top class player, but that would not necessarily be beneficial to the types of teams he creates.

Rafa is always a bit hit and miss in the transfer market in terms of top quality, he has always made questionable signings at most clubs, however what he does better than most is gets them to play as a team and signs players to fit his tactics and formation. He could go out and get a top class player, but that would not necessarily be beneficial to the types of teams he creates.

He was at Liverpool longest (5 seasons) not convinced there is much truth in the 'always made questionable signings' assertion which seems to have become a common idea:

http://lfcstats.co.uk/rafatransfers.html

He was at Liverpool longest (5 seasons) not convinced there is much truth in the 'always made questionable signings' assertion which seems to have become a common idea:

http://lfcstats.co.uk/rafatransfers.html

If anything that list backs up what I was saying, on paper most of those were questionable, but he turned them into a great team and a winning team.

Well said.

Could have brought shola back if he wanted a dressing room mascot that won't see the pitch.

Love the relevance of shitebulb & riv.  :lol: I'm sure at some point it will dawn on me why that would be a preferred option...

Nope still nothing. ;)

TBH I wouldn't have bought him at all, not if Rafa is only going to play one striker, I'd have just kept it till next season, same goes for Snodgrass, Judge however is interesting now he's come back from injury and I wasn't really sold on him either (but others on here have made me see the errors of my ways)

Well said.

Could have brought shola back if he wanted a dressing room mascot that won't see the pitch.

Love the relevance of shitebulb & riv.  :lol: I'm sure at some point it will dawn on me why that would be a preferred option...

Nope still nothing. ;)

TBH I wouldn't have bought him at all, not if Rafa is only going to play one striker, I'd have just kept it till next season, same goes for Snodgrass, Judge however is interesting now he's come back from injury and I wasn't really sold on him either (but others on here have made me see the errors of my ways)

I can never get my head round this Murphy argument. What is Gayle was to get a serious injury?

Well said.

He'll be wanting Shelvey sold next. Oh wait...

Well said.

Nope still nothing. ;)

I can never get my head round this Murphy argument. What is Gayle was to get a serious injury?

Mitrovic...

Then Perez...

Then Armstrong...

Murphy just wasn't needed, total waste of money.

Murphy was signed as a back-up.  If back-ups aren't needed that's a good thing. 

Not having that back-up would have been bad.

And no point keeping Armstrong around without football for his development.  Rather a proven striker coming towards the end of his career, who is - seemingly - happy to be a reserve.