Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa is absolutely spot on :thup: No point in spending a lot of cash on players that aren't much better than what we've got, paying them high wages as well.

The really good players won't come to the Championship which is understandable. Unless we can find a great deal or two overall then fine, otherwise just keep the powder dry for next season.

My dream would be getting promotion, and then splashing out for Ross Barkley. He seems to be slipping out of favour with both Everton and England, and if we show him enough ambition at the time, there's always a chance.

Okay, okay just a slim one.

My dream would be getting promotion, and then splashing out for Ross Barkley. He seems to be slipping out of favour with both Everton and England, and if we show him enough ambition at the time, there's always a chance.

I can't get over the impression he's holding himself back tbh.

The English mentality has never been predisposed to flair imo but on the odd occasion I've seen him both his decision making with the ball and his efforts to win it back when Everton have been without the ball have been, shall we say, less than optimal.

Was just thinking how much the equivalents of Routledge,Simpson, Best and Williamson would cost this time around. £25m maybe? £8-10m Routledge, £6-8m Best, £3-5m each for the other two.

Overpriced them all apart from Simpson I reckon.

Apparently Tottenham are after him in Jan.

You must have some pretty shit dreams. He's w***. Also slim and Barkley don't sit right in the same post.

The rumour is that Tottenham are hoping to swap him for Sissoko.

In which case, Koeman would need sectioning.

The rumour is that Tottenham are hoping to swap him for Sissoko.

In which case, Koeman would need sectioning.

Everton should be celebrating wildly missing out on the dozy cunt. Koeman is a pillock like.

Barkley seems to really struggle playing off the striker. Doesn't seem to have a sharp enough or quick enough mind for it.

Has he ever been tried on the left? Taking on defenders and looking to cut in and shoot when the opportunity arises, might be a better role for him. Love his talent still. Think they need to try him in some different areas. Seems a sound guy, and his struggles don't seem to be down to a bad attitude or anything. Hope it works out for him.

:lol: You're an awful poster, man. I used to think TCD and Ian Wum were bad.

Why for saying it how it is!? Better than sat spending most my time posting on here about alan f***ing Pardew man and seemingly having the same amount of passion for other clubs as Newcastle. Barkley is at least a stone overweight, what's the issue with that comment?

Guest Howaythetoon

Barkley shite? Howay man. He's a very talented player with bags of potential. Expectations are too big. Same with Wilshere.

Mind, one big issue is how these young English players play the game or try to, 100mph stuff, tacklling, running around like lunatics, all-action style. There is no need. That's because of the culture of our game stemming all the way back to kids' grassroots football.

Me, I'd say to Barkley, stop the needless headless chicken stuff, take your time, play it safe and easy at times, relax and it will come.

Gerrard was similar, but he was in a good team and had a very good all-round game.

Compare to Lampard though, different players of course, but that's how to be an English CM. Even without the goals.

:lol: You're an awful poster, man. I used to think TCD and Ian Wum were bad.

Why for saying it how it is!? Better than sat spending most my time posting on here about alan f***ing Pardew man and seemingly having the same amount of passion for other clubs as Newcastle. Barkley is at least a stone overweight, what's the issue with that comment?

Just like Ben Arfa was overweight?