Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Selling players isn't the issue, it was the fact the money the club generated wasn't being used along with the proceeds from transfers.

All clubs buy and sell players including assets, a few clubs have done it more than us in recent years and are still competing.  It was just the way we dangled them in public and sold them at the worst possible moments as a club.

Both are quality. Yes please. Lofus-Cheek has all the attributes to be a 9 or 10. Rafa could really help the lad develop and fulfill his huge potential. That said, I really think Hayden has the potential to be a full international also and wouldn't want him benched (as long as he keeps performing). Sometimes you need to take a leap of faith and rely on young players in order to push them to the next level.

Where exactly does Loftus-Cheek play? I always see him referenced as an attacking CM, he's more of a #10? Or just an attack minded box to box type guy?

He's built like a defensive midfielder but lacks any of the basics you'd associate with such a role. He's not particularly attacking either, more of an all rounder that will tick over. For me personally you'd want some like Hayden and shelvey alongside him, then his passing and recovery of the ball isn't being relied on.

TBH he's a confusing player but there certainly talent there. Closest I can currently think of is Jenas in a bigger body, and like jenas he really needs to define a role soon or risk becoming an all rounder never mastering a specific part of the game.

Loftus-Cheek looked his best when he started being used as an attcking midfielder playing behind the striker.

I think Rafa sees him as a stand in for Diame, while he is at the ACON. Athletic, tall attacking midfielder to play off Gayle.