Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback's fine alongside Shelvey because we can afford to have someone keeping it simple and just being a nuisance in midfield, nothing to do with his injury why he now looks terrible again.

I read that wrong. Colback wasn't keeping Hayden out of the team though, they were rotating but Hayden started the 4-5 games before Shelvey's ban. Not sure when Colback was injured?

EDIT: Colback's started 11 games. Hayden's started 19. They were rotating.

When we went on that winning run, Colback was starting ahead of Hayden

Why do you think Colback wasn't even on the bench? He was injured for around 5 games before Shelvey's ban

As soon as Shelvey got banned Colback was forced to come back into the side (and so I'm told) early

Colback's fine alongside Shelvey because we can afford to have someone keeping it simple and just being a nuisance in midfield, nothing to do with his injury why he now looks terrible again.

I read that wrong. Colback wasn't keeping Hayden out of the team though, they were rotating but Hayden started the 4-5 games before Shelvey's ban. Not sure when Colback was injured?

EDIT: Colback's started 11 games. Hayden's started 19. They were rotating.

When we went on that winning run, Colback was starting ahead of Hayden

Why do you think Colback wasn't even on the bench? He was injured for around 5 games before Shelvey's ban

As soon as Shelvey got banned Colback was forced to come back into the side (and so I'm told) early

Aye you're right he was out for a fair bit, thought it was only a couple of games tbh. Even so when both fit they were rotated. Hence how Hayden has started 20 league games out of 26.

I can't see it being good for team harmony to have him back when he jumped ship shipped at the first opportunity. Not sure Rafa would want someone like that at the club.

He was the only one I was disappointed left in the summer. Rafa clearly rates him and he'd have some explaining to do if he came back (if it's not a load of bollocks of course).

It's not that Townsend wouldn't be a good signing for pure quality, but I just wouldn't trust his commitment again. Whos' to say he wouldn't want another move in a year's time if a huge club like Watford came in for him?

It's not that Townsend wouldn't be a good signing for pure quality, but I just wouldn't trust his commitment again. Whos' to say he wouldn't want another move in a year's time if a huge club like Watford came in for him?

I can understand why after less than 6 months at the club he decided to leave when a PL club came in for him. Its not like he'd been here 5 years and owed the fans some loyalty. I was p*ssed when he left for palace, I don't think it was the right decision and I think he realises this now as well. I'd give him another chance, even if he was only here for 6 months with a player like Townsend I'd feel a lot more confident about promotion. We need someone who can create and finish chances apart from Shelvey now Gayle is out, Ritchie is good but not in the same class as Townsend was when he was here or Shelvey has been this season.

He gave everything for us from his first appearance to his last, certainly did his best to keep us up. He was the only I was disappointed left, but can understand why he left us, unfortunately.

Think he'd love it here with Rafa and us hopefully performing well.

Guest neesy111

I'm yet to be convinced townsend is as good as his reputation.  Had a very good spell for us obviously, but that is the only time he's constantly performed in his career.

I'm yet to be convinced townsend is as good as his reputation.  Had a very good spell for us obviously, but that is the only time he's constantly performed in his career.

Its the only time he's consistently played in his career.

Gayle was in exactly the same situation when he joined us. Based on his performances for us when we went down he would destroy this league.