Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would people be happy with

• Cairney
  • Sissoko
  • Pepe Reina

https://theballwinner.net/2017/05/08/transfer-talk-newcastle-united/

Yes

Not a f***ing chance

Yes - especially in a coaching capacity.

Imagine his expression if he came back? Worse than your avatar. The useless fucker can do one. Cairney would be good but would depend on if Fulham went up. They are probably favourites imo as it stands.

People who advocate Reina obviously haven't seen him play much last 18 months. I think he's reached the endgame of his career. Lots of horror mistakes, and general decline in his reflexes and shot stopping.

Rafa and Reina have a great relationship. Pepe is past his best and has been for some time, but Rafa would take him as back up, or short term number 1, with a view to having him on the coaching staff at some stage because he knows his stuff and is a great bloke. Again, depends on the ££££.

He's still the number 1 keeper at a top three Serie A club. For one year I'd have him.

Guest neesy111

Rafa and Reina have a great relationship. Pepe is past his best and has been for some time, but Rafa would take him as back up, or short term number 1, with a view to having him on the coaching staff at some stage because he knows his stuff and is a great bloke. Again, depends on the ££££.

He's still the number 1 keeper at a top three Serie A club. For one year I'd have him.

You clearly haven't seen him play recently, I haven't been impressed when I've seen him ever since his Liverpool days.

On the same basis would you take Mingolet from Liverpool since they are in the Top 3 in the PL?

Unless we're upgrading Yedlin then he'll be our 2nd choice RB (and that's being a bit unkind given Benitez rotated the 2 for most of the season). I doubt we're desperate to get rid like, if we do we must be planning on bringing another in, I don't think we can rely on Jesus.

I hope to Christ we do upgrade Yedlin. He's decent going forward but his defending is way below Premiership standard. He'll get eaten alive.

Seemed to do fine at Sunderland.

I didn't see much of him in the Premiership, but I suspect he ended up in the Championship for a reason.

I just think he gives his opponent far too much time and space to get their cross in. His positioning looks wrong.

You could say the same of Ritchie and Gayle re being in the Championship. Both of those will be fine next season

Guest neesy111

Unless we're upgrading Yedlin then he'll be our 2nd choice RB (and that's being a bit unkind given Benitez rotated the 2 for most of the season). I doubt we're desperate to get rid like, if we do we must be planning on bringing another in, I don't think we can rely on Jesus.

I hope to Christ we do upgrade Yedlin. He's decent going forward but his defending is way below Premiership standard. He'll get eaten alive.

I didn't see much of him in the Premiership, but I suspect he ended up in the Championship for a reason.

I just think he gives his opponent far too much time and space to get their cross in. His positioning looks wrong.

You could say the same of Ritchie and Gayle re being in the Championship. Both of those will be fine next season

Sunderland fans I know weren't too complimentary in his defending when I asked them about it.

Yedlin is still only 23 like, plenty of room to improve especially under the great man Rafa.

He's had a good year with us, I've been really impressed with him and he looks like he'd be fine next season.

RB is probably one of the least important purchases we need to make this season like, plenty of more pressing issues.

Of all the players we need to upgrade you single out Yedlin.  :fishing:

Yedlin was 2 years younger and on loan playing for a shit Sunderland team. You'd assume working under Rafa and showing what he's capable of doing this past season would earn him a chance in the PL.

Nah, his defending's improved every single year. He'll be fine next season.

Yedlin is probably in the middle tier in terms of players we need an upgrade on. Not an absolute emergency, but if Rafa could land a more established RB for him to learn from then why not? If Anita does leave, and I think he should for his own and the club's sake, then his replacement should be better than him.

Yaya Toure could turn down Manchester City contract extension as newly promoted Newcastle and Brighton chase midfielder

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3511653/yaya-toure-manchester-city-contract-extension-pep-guardiola/

:yao:

Stahp.

It's so transparent what the press are doing, linking us to all of these massively unobtainable players then tagging us with the 'deluded Geordies' moniker when they inevitably don't come off.

Yaya Toure could turn down Manchester City contract extension as newly promoted Newcastle and Brighton chase midfielder

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3511653/yaya-toure-manchester-city-contract-extension-pep-guardiola/

:yao:

Stahp.

It's so transparent what the press are doing, linking us to all of these massively unobtainable players then tagging us with the 'deluded Geordies' moniker when they inevitably don't come off.

Yip, silly season starts again

thought Yedlin looked fine for premier league tbh not a player worried about replacing tbh

He seriously needs a haircut before the new season. Worst thing i seen!

Do we have Gamez for another year? If so maybe he could be back up for yedlin. But if the right player is available then yedlin would be a great sub.

Sunderland fans I know weren't too complimentary in his defending when I asked them about it.

Did you ask them before or after he signed for us?