Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I never knew Sagna was a a right back.  All these years of him playing in the Premier League.  All those matches on Match of the Day.  All those Champions League appearances.  The odd game where he would play at left back or center back and I'd think, "funny, he's playing out of position."  Sagna being a right back has come as a huge surprise to me.

Interesting if we sign a whole new back four. I guess that would mean two CB's leaving in Hanley and Mbemba. Personally I'd rather get rid of Lascelles than Mbemba. Having 5 cbs might be a good idea though, just in case.

They'll want to sign a striker who will be backup to Kane but add something different if they do need a goal off the bench, which Janssen hasn't done so far. Been linked with Andre Gray this summer

Don't get me wrong he has had injuries but it's mainly just Monreal is the preferred option.

I'd very much like to see us sign him.

Not for 15 million when we have other areas we should prioritise.

Left back should be one of the priorities unless anyone feels comfortable watching Dummett getting raped on a weekly basis.

Don't get me wrong he has had injuries but it's mainly just Monreal is the preferred option.

Left back should be one of the priorities unless anyone feels comfortable watching Dummett getting raped on a weekly basis.

No but the fact we aren't great on the left wing, lacking a quality number 10 and are one injury from Colback are of greater concern for me.

Not to mention we absolutely require a good keeper.

No but the fact we aren't great on the left wing, lacking a quality number 10 and are one injury from Colback are of greater concern for me.

Not to mention we absolutely require a good keeper.

Think left wing can be sorted with Atsu or Ritchie though that isn't the most ideal situation. Aye, a no10 should be the ultimate aim and also a DM. But I've had enough of Dummett and if Gibbs was the replacement, that left side of our team would be so much better.

They don't have to be bought in that order. Rafa knows what he needs I doubt he's daft. But we're not going to knock back the chance to sign Gibbs if he wants him just because we need other areas more. As long as by start of the season/2nd September he's got everything, that's what matters.

See Vincent Janssen from Spurs is making noises about possibly leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if we get linked to him this summer should Spurs get a replacement

He looks like he's totally not suited to this league when I've seen him play.

They don't have to be bought in that order. Rafa knows what he needs I doubt he's daft. But we're not going to knock back the chance to sign Gibbs if he wants him just because we need other areas more. As long as by start of the season/2nd September he's got everything, that's what matters.

It's not about the order it's about budget and spending a significant chunk of it on a left back when we have other areas which require more attention is my point.

Gibbs is a decent player but 15 million could affect us strengthening other areas.

A loan with an option to buy would be perfect.

We've got a Championship level left-back, bottom-6 standard left-back at the very best. £15m to upgrade that to a player who's top 8 quality is worth every single penny.

Particularly when we have no idea how Lascelles and Clark are going to do in this league yet, Lejeune/Semedo would be new to the league, Yedlin's only played half a season or so in the Premier League. £20m to get Reina & Gibbs would be money very well spent to accompany that.

We almost never started building up our attacks on the left because our LB can barely pass a ball! Which makes us so one dimensional and easy to read where the opposition can focus on letting us starting down the right or centrally and then press us with many players and make it more difficult for us. Not having a proper LW doesn't help either mind. Sick of seeing Dummett take so much time on the ball before he plays it, which 9 times out of 10 is back to our CB. A quality LB would make a massive difference, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Marcelo attacking type of LB. One that is good defensively and talented enough to handle the ball to a decent level would be a start. At times it feels like some people think Dummett is good defensively just because he's below average going forward, while in fact he's an average player defensively as well, even though he's quite "consistent".

For what it's worth, I don't think Gibbs would cost 15m tbh.

We almost never started building up our attacks on the left because our LB can barely pass a ball! Which makes us so one dimensional and easy to read where the opposition can focus on letting us starting down the right or centrally and then press us with many players and make it more difficult for us. Not having a proper LW doesn't help either mind. Sick of seeing Dummett take so much time on the ball before he plays it, which 9 times out of 10 is back to our CB. A quality LB would make a massive difference, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Marcelo attacking type of LB. One that is good defensively and talented enough to handle the ball to a decent level would be a start. At times it feels like some people think Dummett is good defensively just because he's below average going forward, while in fact he's an average player defensively as well, even though he's quite "consistent".

Nail on head.

For what it's worth, I don't think Gibbs would cost 15m tbh.

I used to think the same about Simpson.  Then he went on to be a first team player in a league winning team.