Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I may be a bed wetter but I'm getting pure f***ed off now. What the hell are we doing. We need about 8 players FFS.

Same here.

The worst thing is that we don't even seemed to have narrowed down our top targets, only we are considering a few.

Guest firetotheworks

Getting to the preparing a bid before opening the transfer warchest stage.

The golden chest awaits

200.gif

:aww:

According to twitter West Ham had a 21.7mil bid knocked back for him :lol:

Seems like the vast majority of European clubs have doubled their prices this summer as a result of this TV deal; Bakumbu ordinarily would cost £12-15m?

Starting to become more and more clear that we're not going to bid over 15m for any player that we believe we have a realistic chance of getting and that's why we're in big trouble unless something changes quickly.

Although prices have increased on players such as Bakumbu, that doesnt mean we have to go out and pay 20m plus on players who we arent sure will do the business

Still bargains out there

Sometimes you have to pay the going rate, we've all seen what happens when you insist on every incoming deal being a "bargain" with the aim of selling on at a higher price later on. You get relegated. Twice. It's a false economy that costs you financially and in a sporting sense, shame we seemingly haven't learnt this by now.

We pay the lowest prices in the league we run the risk of finishing lowest. I'm not saying spend big on every signing, indeed may only need 1 big signing but the market has changed with the biggest tv deal. I am not going to panic, most clubs haven't done business either but I am hardly brimming with excitement with what we have been linked with.

Sometimes you have to pay the going rate, we've all seen what happens when you insist on every incoming deal being a "bargain" with the aim of selling on at a higher price later on. You get relegated. Twice. It's a false economy that costs you financially and in a sporting sense, shame we seemingly haven't learnt this by now.

We spent 80m when we got relegated...

The problem wasn't how much we spent, it was spending it on the incorrect players

Ofcourse McClaren takes a blame for poor coaching etc but in the past 2 seasons we havent consistently gone for bargain players

Bakumbu only made 17 starts last season  due to a poor injury record, with West Ham reportably having a 20m plus offer rejected, is he really worth us spending a large chunk of our budget on?

Its a big risk imo