Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's really not silly money anymore either, particularly when you then go to spend it and find that that'll get you someone like Grant Hanley.

Or it could be the difference between signing or not signing a new centre forward.

I highly, highly doubt that.

It could be the difference between signing a £15m striker or a £21m striker though.

Guest neesy111

It's really not silly money anymore either, particularly when you then go to spend it and find that that'll get you someone like Grant Hanley.

Or it could be the difference between signing or not signing a new centre forward.

No chance.

You doubt that it could be?

Howay man, it's obvious what I'm saying, it's not as simple as saying 'we're getting 6m for this player therefore we're spending it on this other player'. If it goes in the pot of money that Rafa can spend, the pot gets bigger.

Guest neesy111

It could be the difference between signing a £15m striker or a £21m striker though.

I don't think this money will end up in the transfer budget, and it shouldn't be.  It should be used primarily on the youth setup.

At the start of the week I was really pessimistic about Rafa's future here, but it's looking a lot more promising now after two important signings that were clearly both Rafa's choices.  We're not out of the woods yet but if all signings are in by the Spurs game, you'd hope everything will be alright.

My worry remains about the amount of players currently on the books. Hopefully we can get Krul and Murphy out asap because one would imagine their existence here is potentially blocking incomings. Not to mention the likes of Saivet and Lazaar.

No chance.

Would you like to back that up with a reasoned argument or are you just going to continue to make assertions without anything logical to back them up?

At the start of the week I was really pessimistic about Rafa's future here, but it's looking a lot more promising now after two important signings that were clearly both Rafa's choices.  We're not out of the woods yet but if all signings are in by the Spurs game, you'd hope everything will be alright.

My worry remains about the amount of players currently on the books. Hopefully we can get Krul and Murphy out asap because one would imagine their existence here is potentially blocking incomings. Not to mention the likes of Saivet and Lazaar.

Colback, Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar, Murphy, Krul

I don't think this money will end up in the transfer budget, and it shouldn't be.  It should be used primarily on the youth setup.

How would you know this man? :lol:

I'm out.

Guest neesy111

No chance.

Would you like to back that up with a reasoned argument or are you just going to continue to make assertions without anything logical to back them up?

Yawn.

You doubt that it could be?

Howay man, it's obvious what I'm saying, it's not as simple as saying 'we're getting 6m for this player therefore we're spending it on this other player'. If it goes in the pot of money that Rafa can spend, the pot gets bigger.

Aye but we don't need to sell promising youngsters to fund moves for a striker :lol: We have more than enough for that already. Can't believe you are even bringing that up tbh :lol:

Guest neesy111

How would you know this man? :lol:

I'm out.

Good.

I think it'll be another year before Colback is moved on, unless we get two CMs in the next 6 weeks.

I think it'll be another year before Colback is moved on, unless we get two CMs in the next 6 weeks.

Aww man, don't say things like that :(

Guest neesy111

Colback is going to be needed for squad purposes this season sadly.

You're killing me.

Guest neesy111

You're killing me.

Just hope we sign a CM, that puts him further down the pecking order.

Fortunately Hanley's existence didn't prohibit the Lejeune signing but aye, I'm sure we're keen to offload him all the same.

Colback will be here until his contract runs out I bet. I think even Rafa sees him as a valuable member of the dressing room. Hopefully he just won't play much.

The others, yeah, they need to go desperately. Riviere too. Arguably Mitrovic.

Guest neesy111

Fortunately Hanley's existence didn't prohibit the Lejeune signing but aye, I'm sure we're keen to offload him all the same.

Colback will be here until his contract runs out I bet. I think even Rafa sees him as a valuable member of the dressing room. Hopefully he just won't play much.

Diame as well.  We've got 3 players for that No. 10 position in our squad currently.

I keep forgetting about Riviere. Haidara too.

Guest neesy111

We've got a lot of rubbish to shift out.

We've got a lot of rubbish to shift out.

Which is pretty obviously the main issue we're having. What a shit approach to transfers we've had for years.

So..

Colback - Jun 2019

Hanley - Jun 2021

Saivet - Jun 2021

Lazaar - Jun 2021

Murphy - Jun 2018

Krul - Jun 2018

Riviere - Jun 2020

Haidara - Jun 2018

So, if we can't sell them theirs a ton of dead wood earning millions, all using squad places.