Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He wants to leave, we keep him for a year and get nothing or he leaves now for £6m? Don't really see what people are annoyed about in regards to us accepting the fee?

Everton are a more stable club with more money, better prospects, an academy with a recent history of bringing through young players and mosh importantly of all, a manager who has a track record of giving youngsters a proper chance.

I can't remember Rafa bringing through too many youngsters at other clubs in fairness but may be forgetting some obvious examples. The frustrating aspect of all this isn't the fact we're selling him, it's the fact our club is in the position where it's a no brainer for the player to leave.

If Ashley ever needed a kick up the arse about how good facilities, coaches and academies are beneficial in the long run, this is it.

Or how about we try to convince him staying at NUFC would be best for him?

What suggests we haven't done that?

Because of his age, he is only on scholarship terms, rather than a professional contract with the Magpies.

This means he is free to leave for a compensation fee, but more importantly, is free to talk with other clubs as he hasn’t signed professional terms at Newcastle.

The Magpies have made Gibson a contract offer but he is free to leave for Everton, should he decide to.

From the chron.

Fair enough then. Still a shame that he apparently doesn't want to stay though, whatever the reason.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see if it's just down to £££ or if its something else.

Might have to do with NUFC and Everton's divergent outcomes when it comes to developing prospects, coupled with the fact that Everton are a better-run club.

Then why are accepting the fee then and instead of going to tribunal?  Most tribunal fees go up, unless as usual we are bothered about taking the cash and then running.

Maybe they weighed up the options and taking £6m is a better option than a tribunal where you could get less. There's no guarantee we could get more.

Guest neesy111

He wants to leave, we keep him for a year and get nothing or he leaves now for £6m? Don't really see what people are annoyed about in regards to us accepting the fee?

Everton are a more stable club with more money, better prospects, an academy with a recent history of bringing through young players and mosh importantly of all, a manager who has a track record of giving youngsters a proper chance.

I can't remember Rafa bringing through too many youngsters at other clubs in fairness but may be forgetting some obvious examples. The frustrating aspect of all this isn't the fact we're selling him, it's the fact our club is in the position where it's a no brainer for the player to leave.

If Ashley ever needed a kick up the arse about how good facilities, coaches and academies are beneficial in the long run, this is it.

Or maybe it will set the opposite example with potential school boys who see us as a club who will keep you regardless of your wishes and risk ruining your development - leading them to sign for the someone else from

day one.

I think that is complete utter shite.

NUFC have invested thousands of pounds into him, if other graduates see that NUFC genuinely want their youngsters to succeed and go to the first team it will make them want to stay and try to make the grade into the first team.

It might seem hysterical to make a big deal out of a bairn leaving but it's not something that should be apologised for.

It's indicative of the sub-par manner in which large sections of the club are ran, particularly since Ashley arrived. Nothing like this should be tolerated or accepted until the club is fixed and functioning to the best of its potential.

Guest neesy111

What suggests we haven't done that?

Our history with academy players is absolutely horrendous.

Or maybe it will set the opposite example with potential school boys who see us as a club who will keep you regardless of your wishes and risk ruining your development - leading them to sign for the someone else from

day one.

I think that is complete utter s****.

NUFC have invested thousands of pounds into him, if other graduates see that NUFC genuinely want their youngsters to succeed and go to the first team it will make them want to stay and try to make the grade into the first team.

It's gotta be a two way thing though. The player has to want to stay and I'm guessing at this age the player's parents have to also.

Because of his age, he is only on scholarship terms, rather than a professional contract with the Magpies.

This means he is free to leave for a compensation fee, but more importantly, is free to talk with other clubs as he hasn’t signed professional terms at Newcastle.

The Magpies have made Gibson a contract offer but he is free to leave for Everton, should he decide to.

From the chron.

Fair enough then. Still a shame that he apparently doesn't want to stay though, whatever the reason.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see if it's just down to £££ or if its something else.

Might have to do with NUFC and Everton's divergent outcomes when it comes to developing prospects, coupled with the fact that Everton are a better-run club.

A small lashing of this with a major helping of a 16 year old with a snidey agent craving every possible penny.

Maybe Rafa has run the rule over him and decided he's not as good as others are saying?

Or it's simply a case of penny pinching and using the funds that will ensure we stay up.

PL survival OR Uncertain survival and keeping a player who might become decent in a few years from now?

Rafa has shown he can be a cold and calculating when it comes to the best scenario. If an extra 6 million that might pay a portion of a player who will keep us up, he'll do that. If we have a few years of solid finishes in the league we'll be in a different position then to what we are now.

Guest neesy111

It might seem hysterical to make a big deal out of a bairn leaving but it's not something that should be apologised for.

It's indicative of the sub-par manner in which large sections of the club are ran, particularly since Ashley arrived. Nothing like this should be tolerated or accepted until the club is fixed and functioning to the best of its potential.

:clap:

You're right, that does sound pretty hysterical.

Then why are accepting the fee then and instead of going to tribunal?  Most tribunal fees go up, unless as usual we are bothered about taking the cash and then running.

Because we need to stay up this season and Rafa can probably use the money?

day one.

I dont necessarily think what I said is what would happen, I was just pointing out that it's just as plausible as the rubbish you sprouted.

Maybe Rafa has run the rule over him and decided he's not as good as others are saying?

Or it's simply a case of penny pinching and using the funds that will ensure we stay up.

PL survival OR Uncertain survival and keeping a player who might become decent in a few years from now?

Rafa has shown he can be a cold and calculating when it comes to the best scenario. If an extra 6 million that might pay a portion of a player who will keep us up, he'll do that. If we have a few years of solid finishes in the league we'll be in a different position then to what we are now.

Exactly this.

Hundreds of millions from Sky money at stake. Rafa will use every resource possible to him to ensure survival this season.

Guest neesy111

day one.

I dont necessarily think what I said is what would happen, I was just pointing out that it's just as plausible as the rubbish you sprouted.

Coming from yourself.  :mackems:  You really are up your backside at times.

Guest firetotheworks

I know it's not cut and dry, but I never thought I'd see the day when Newcastle fans would advocate our youngsters leaving, especially for such a measly sum. It should always be the desire of every Newcastle fan for the club to hang onto and develop talent, especially local talent. A major complaint over the years has been about us letting talent slip through our fingers. It's unforgivable that in my lifetime alone we didn't spot the talent, or let the talent slip away of Beardsley, Shearer and Carrick when they were kids. Now we have someone who must have a great deal of potential and people are advocating letting him go for a measly £6m. It's just really disappointing what we've become.

You're right, that does sound pretty hysterical.

You always defend the club. Why?

I know it's not cut and dry, but I never thought I'd see the day when Newcastle fans advocate our youngsters leaving, especially for such a measly sum. It should always be the desire of every Newcastle fan for the club to hang onto and develop talent, especially local talent. A major complaint over the years has been about us letting talent slip through our fingers. It's unforgivable that in my lifetime alone we didn't spot the talent, or let the talent slip away of Beardsley, Shearer and Carrick when they were kids. Now we have someone who must have a great deal of potential and people are advocating letting him go for a measly £6m. It's just really disappointing what we've become.

:clap:

Guest neesy111

Because we need to stay up this season and Rafa can probably use the money?

If we are desperate for £6m in todays climate, then we really have financial issues as a club.