Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

I know it's not cut and dry, but I never thought I'd see the day when Newcastle fans would advocate our youngsters leaving, especially for such a measly sum. It should always be the desire of every Newcastle fan for the club to hang onto and develop talent, especially local talent. A major complaint over the years has been about us letting talent slip through our fingers. It's unforgivable that in my lifetime alone we didn't spot the talent, or let the talent slip away of Beardsley, Shearer and Carrick when they were kids. Now we have someone who must have a great deal of potential and people are advocating letting him go for a measly £6m. It's just really disappointing what we've become.

I'm more disappointed in the shear numbers on here defending it.

It might seem hysterical to make a big deal out of a bairn leaving but it's not something that should be apologised for.

It's indicative of the sub-par manner in which large sections of the club are ran, particularly since Ashley arrived. Nothing like this should be tolerated or accepted until the club is fixed and functioning to the best of its potential.

You're right, that does sound pretty hysterical.

You always defend the club. Why?

Not always. Struggle to see how losing a 16 year old, whose transfer we can't block if he goes hunting money, SHOULDN'T BE TOLERATED.

It's disappointing, that's about it.

Because of his age, he is only on scholarship terms, rather than a professional contract with the Magpies.

This means he is free to leave for a compensation fee, but more importantly, is free to talk with other clubs as he hasn’t signed professional terms at Newcastle.

The Magpies have made Gibson a contract offer but he is free to leave for Everton, should he decide to.

From the chron.

Fair enough then. Still a shame that he apparently doesn't want to stay though, whatever the reason.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see if it's just down to £££ or if its something else.

Might have to do with NUFC and Everton's divergent outcomes when it comes to developing prospects, coupled with the fact that Everton are a better-run club.

A small lashing of this with a major helping of a 16 year old with a snidey agent craving every possible penny.

You're like a parody of yourself at this stage :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I know it's not cut and dry, but I never thought I'd see the day when Newcastle fans would advocate our youngsters leaving, especially for such a measly sum. It should always be the desire of every Newcastle fan for the club to hang onto and develop talent, especially local talent. A major complaint over the years has been about us letting talent slip through our fingers. It's unforgivable that in my lifetime alone we didn't spot the talent, or let the talent slip away of Beardsley, Shearer and Carrick when they were kids. Now we have someone who must have a great deal of potential and people are advocating letting him go for a measly £6m. It's just really disappointing what we've become.

[emoji38] That's who I'm on about Nees.

I don't think anyone is advocating a youngster leaving, I just think people are willing to accept that the club might have just tried to make the best out of a winless situation where the youngster in question has a desire to leave.

Accept a fee now and put in some decent clauses or let him go for free and riak getting next to nothing.

We've kept many players here recently who have wanted to jump ship, a lot of them participated in our relegation. Forcing him to see out his scholarship when he's made it clear he's going by rejecting our offers is pointless.

Guest neesy111

[emoji38] That's who I'm on about Nees.

I know, I'm just saying I also think that.  :blush:

The same people who want local lads in the side also defend the club for failing time and time again to be ran to the potential that would deliver such a thing.

*Local lads who'll never leave or improve.

Agreed :thup: We have been a selling club since Ashley bought us and that's not going to change any time soon.

It's quite clear that nobody is advocating losing our best youngsters. Everyone wants us to be offering an attractive academy to them and to be able to offer them the best wages.

It's disappointing to lose this lad, and I value massively having local lads in the team. If a young lad wants to fuck off for the money though, there's only so much that can be done.

It's quite clear that nobody is advocating losing our best youngsters. Everyone wants us to be offering an attractive academy to them and to be able to offer them the best wages.

It's disappointing to lose this lad, and I value massively having local lads in the team. If a young lad wants to fuck off for the money though, there's only so much that can be done.

:thup:

You're just guessing its for the money. There are other reasons why he may want to leave

Agreed :thup: We have been a selling club since Ashley bought us and that's not going to change any time soon.

I don't blame the kid for having the attitude where he believes he can do better elsewhere, like I never blamed Given for wanting to leave when we were an absolute shower of s*** from top to bottom.

Am I happy about losing what could be our best prospect in years for a fee which comparatively is pittance? Of course not. Do I understand the reasons why the club would accept (he's out of contract and won't re-sign) and why a player wouldn't want to remain in our setup given available options elsewhere?

Absolutely.

The same people who want local lads in the side also defend the club for failing time and time again to be ran to the potential that would deliver such a thing.

Exactly. :lol: Same folk who'll need counselling if/when Dummett is sold.

Me? Literally wouldn't give a fuck if we flogged Dummett if a decent left back came in.

Exactly. :lol: Same folk who'll need counselling if/when Dummett is sold.

Me? Literally wouldn't give a f*** if we flogged Dummett if a decent left back came in.

Not just you. Have a deeks at Twitter.

I don't think anyone is advocating a youngster leaving, I just think people are willing to accept that the club might have just tried to make the best out of a winless situation where the youngster in question has a desire to leave.

Accept a fee now and put in some decent clauses or let him go for free and riak getting next to nothing.

We've kept many players here recently who have wanted to jump ship, a lot of them participated in our relegation. Forcing him to see out his scholarship when he's made it clear he's going by rejecting our offers is pointless.

It's disappointing to lose this lad, and I value massively having local lads in the team. If a young lad wants to f*** off for the money though, there's only so much that can be done.

This.

People are confusing two different arguments.

Hopefully in the future the club is run in a way a local player wouldn't contemplate moving.

Seems like he's made his mind up. Wake up call to fix the academy. However our first team is the immediate priority, which sucks because our foundations for youth development are trash.

For those using this as a way to bash the club by the way and using is an indication of where the club is, when have we ever lost an academy player to another club like this? This looks very much a one-off.

Exactly.  If there are any lessons to learn here, I'm sure they will be learnt.  If this happens again in the immediate future, then we start to worry.  For now, as said, it should be treated as a one-off that comes with a juicy £6m that Rafa can now put into the first team.

Guest neesy111

For those using this as a way to bash the club by the way and using is an indication of where the club is, when have we ever lost an academy player to another club like this? This looks very much a one-off.

It won't be the way football is going.

Guest firetotheworks

It's disappointing to lose this lad, and I value massively having local lads in the team. If a young lad wants to f*** off for the money though, there's only so much that can be done.

This.

Hopefully in the future the club is run in a way a local player wouldn't contemplate moving.

Agree that it's not one thing or the other, but I still think it's a shame that a club of our stature can't hang onto players wanting to go to Everton, not Barca or Man City or something, and we've become desensitised to the sham that that should be viewed as.

Have I missed something about him having his head turned by money btw?

Guest neesy111

This.

Agree that it's not one thing or the other, but I still think it's a shame that a club of our stature can't hang onto players wanting to go to Everton, not Barca or Man City or something, and we've become desensitised to the sham that that should be viewed as.

Have I missed something about him having his head turned by money btw?

Apparently he's free to leave via us agreeing a fee with Eveton or it going to tribunal.  For me, we should be going to tribunal even as a statement that we aren't happy that he is leaving, who fucking cares if we get £2m less ffs.