Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At the start of the week I was really pessimistic about Rafa's future here, but it's looking a lot more promising now after two important signings that were clearly both Rafa's choices.  We're not out of the woods yet but if all signings are in by the Spurs game, you'd hope everything will be alright.

My worry remains about the amount of players currently on the books. Hopefully we can get Krul and Murphy out asap because one would imagine their existence here is potentially blocking incomings. Not to mention the likes of Saivet and Lazaar.

Colback, Hanley, Saivet, Lazaar, Murphy, Krul

Fortunately Hanley's existence didn't prohibit the Lejeune signing but aye, I'm sure we're keen to offload him all the same.

Colback will be here until his contract runs out I bet. I think even Rafa sees him as a valuable member of the dressing room. Hopefully he just won't play much.

The others, yeah, they need to go desperately. Riviere too. Arguably Mitrovic.

I keep forgetting about Riviere. Haidara too.

We've got a lot of rubbish to shift out.

Which is pretty obviously the main issue we're having. What a shit approach to transfers we've had for years.

Yup, been obvious for weeks. And as Kanji says, the legacy of Carr/Pards/Steve is very much a part of our scuppered plans thus far. Probably part of the reason as to why those January recruits were blocked, too.

I believe Murphy was only signed because it got confirmed that Gouffran was not going to sign that contract.

Regarding Lejeune I believe permission was granted due to the risk of missing out on a release clause (these often have time restrictions) plus sensible assurances from Hanley and his representatives that he is looking for a new club.

Similarly Manquillo replaces Anita.

The club have long had a policy of not recruiting if their 25 places are full (it has been in the forum minutes and other interviews a number of times)

Business was much easier to conduct last summer when a number of players demonstrated determination to leave.

This year failure to shift players like Lazaar will prevent new arrivals, and it will be the players and agents (and those that were responsible for the signing) that will be blamed by the hierarchy.

So..

Colback - Jun 2019

Hanley - Jun 2021

Saivet - Jun 2021

Lazaar - Jun 2021

Murphy - Jun 2018

Krul - Jun 2018

Riviere - Jun 2020

Haidara - Jun 2018

So, if we can't sell them theirs a ton of dead wood earning millions, all using squad places.

Can Colback be treat as dead wood when he's likely to be playing regularly at this rate. Very much alive, rotting wood.

So..

Colback - Jun 2019

Hanley - Jun 2021

Saivet - Jun 2021

Lazaar - Jun 2021

Murphy - Jun 2018

Krul - Jun 2018

Riviere - Jun 2020

Haidara - Jun 2018

So, if we can't sell them theirs a ton of dead wood earning millions, all using squad places.

This 5 year contract thing has to stop. Its pointless and is hurting us massively IMO.  Get them in, prove themselves then replace the initial contract.  Players of average quality, as many of these are, will bite your hand off for a 5 year deal knowing they can basically to nothing (or not improve) and they still get paid.

Our recruitment over the last few years, aside the obvious winners, has been pretty shocking.

So..

Colback - Jun 2019

Hanley - Jun 2021

Saivet - Jun 2021

Lazaar - Jun 2021

Murphy - Jun 2018

Krul - Jun 2018

Riviere - Jun 2020

Haidara - Jun 2018

You've got Riviere wrong, he's up next summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emmanuel-riviere/profil/spieler/61637

Seen a fair bit of Rolan going back a few years, really liked him at the beginning but he's lost his way since being asked to be the main man at Bordeaux after Diabate went.

He always seems to be better when played in a two up front rather than leading the line alone, although we could still hold interest because he's a real Swiss army knife forward who can play to a similar standard out wide as well (on either side). Will work hard and make a lot of diagonal runs to join in, has a bit of pace and isn't the worst dribbler.

Still, he would be uninspiring based on last season's form, but would plug a gap and effectively take up the Gouffran role. He retains a fair bit of upside, but doubt he'd be considered an automatic starter or serious competition for Gayle immediately.