Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is what we need in my opinion. I could live without a new GK even though it would be nice to get a better one. I hope we have money in the bank :lol:

Maybe we could loan a player in one or two of these positions.

CM (strong defensively)

ACM/#10 (one that can play both roles)

LB (one that can pass a ball and defend)

Striker (fuck knows)

I could live without a new GK even though it would be nice to get a better one.

I don't get this at all, mind. Elliot and Darlow just aren't PL standard. What good is it building a functional attack and vaguely solid midfield/defence if the keeper absolutely isn't up to his end of the bargain?

Love a two-footed player. Andros was okay with both feet iirc. Martins could shoot with either. Very rare to see 2-footed passers. Cazorla is the only one I can think of in recent memory. Nani could shoot with both but I thinke he passed and crossed with the right.

Pedro is very two-footed, been a fan of his for years now.  He doesn't get rave reviews but he's a quality player i think.

I could live without a new GK even though it would be nice to get a better one.

I don't get this at all, mind. Elliot and Darlow just aren't PL standard. What good is it building a functional attack and vaguely solid midfield/defence if the keeper absolutely isn't up to his end of the bargain?

Yup. Fairly certain Rafa is after a GK who can organise a defence properly, and then release the ball with precision. We haven't had one of those in eons. We've had, for the most part, pretty good shot stoppers and that's it. I'd rather a GK be involved in organisation, using his position to read the game, than having to pull out class saves all the time to bail us out because the defence is all over the shop.

It might not be the end of the world but if one of those two is our keeper from start to finish this season we're in big, big trouble no matter who we sign and put out in front of them.

Hopefully we can get one that doesn't cost a fortune so that we can afford all the players we need :thup: Well, we obviously wont be able to fix all weak spots, or even near anyway.

Personally I'd rather have Elliott in goal and be able to live without Gayle or Shelvey for example if they get injured. Best would be if we can sort it all out. A chain isn't stronger than it's weakest link and all that or whatever they say..

I get where you're coming from on the GK situation, however with funds obviously limited we need to be prioritising where to allocate them. I'm surprised more fuss isn't being made over the striker situation, number 10 and CM. A long term injury to Gayle and/or Shelvey has us completely f***ed and we've just got no one in our current squad that can effectively fill the number 10 role at the PL level. Those need to be prioritises for me, if we still have money left (which I doubt, unless they've gone for bargain basement types) then absolutely upgrade the keeper, look for the all rounder that you guys perfectly that described we need.

We've got the 19th highest turnover in world football or whatever. If we can't afford both an upgrade on Rob fucking Elliot and backup for Dwight Gayle we might as well stop pretending we're a football club.

We've got the 19th highest turnover in world football or whatever. If we can't afford both an upgrade on Rob f***ing Elliot and backup for Dwight Gayle we might as well stop pretending we're a football club.

We've also got Mike Ashley in charge of the purse strings !

Also we need much more than a Gayle back up, we need someone who is capable of replacing his goals, not another Mitro or Murphy, to get that kind of player you probably need to break the club transfer record and expect the player to compete with Gayle for the starting job. We also need a proper number 10, 50 million for Sigudson, obviously we won't go there but he's kind of the level of player we absolutely need. People on here complain about Shelvey and Hayden not being PL standard, we got to find at least back ups for them or make do with Colback and Saivet.

Honestly the minimum we need before we should be looking at a GK is 3 players and if we did it properly they would cost around this much , a striker for 20 million, number 10 for 25 million and rotational CM for around 15 million. That's 60 million on top of net spend of around 16 million so far. Lets hope we can sell some of this deadwood for ridiculous prices because Ashley has no history of that level of investment. I think the whole reason Rafa has been pushing so hard to get Reina in is, he thinks he'll be a cheap way to upgrade that role. If the Reina deal doesn't go through, I honestly don't see where we could go without significant investment that will get us someone that fits the description you came up with.

Even if we assume Rafa only has the reported 70m to spend, that's still enough to get the players we need including a GK.

There's really no excuses for Ashley, so I'm not buying the funds excuses.

:lol: yeah right..

We've got the 19th highest turnover in world football or whatever. If we can't afford both an upgrade on Rob fucking Elliot and backup for Dwight Gayle we might as well stop pretending we're a football club.

Last season in the Championship?, have we fuck.

Need a proper winger too, not this left-footers-on-the-right cutting inside craze. It's so easy to defend against and it's too predictable.

Aye but Rafa likes to employ that tactic quite a lot, it's about the overlapping fullback giving the width as the wingers drag players inside. Prefer the old fashioned winger getting a yard and whipping in a cross myself.

Not sure about that like. If Rafa loves overlapping full backs so much you would think buying a new left back would be a priority and I'm not sure it is.