Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benítez does have a pretty good track record of turning "Who?" signings into very solid performers though. Of course he's not gonna get everyone right, but from Marchena to Vázquez, he seems to be a master of turning what everybody thought were just average players into Spanish internationals.

He also wanted to swap alonso out for gareth barry at liverpool  :lol: He's not flawless no but if he likes a player deserves to be given a shot. I don't rate mark hughes much so don't necessarily buy that if he's failed there he's rubbish

He also wanted to swap alonso out for gareth barry at liverpool  :lol: He's not flawless no but if he likes a player deserves to be given a shot. I don't rate mark hughes much so don't necessarily buy that if he's failed there he's rubbish

You made me check. How on heart is Barry still getting 20+ PL starts for Everton? :lol:

I think Rafa said himself a 70% to 80% hit rate on player transfers is excellent and one a manager would be happy with.

His record is not flawless, and if you ask a Liverpool fans about the squad he left them, some will say it was a bit lob sided. Now that was partly down to the transfers budget being lowered by the American duo and, in all honesty some poor buys.

In the main though Rafa's transfer record is very good, which is all we need to really worry about long term.

Bellamy would have been classed as signing a relegated Coventry City's scraps. Judge a player on what they do wearing our shirt IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bellamy was 22 years old and played almost every game for Coventry in the Prem the previous season. How was he Coventry's scraps?