Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think there's a decent chance we'll get Perez still, Arsenal don't need him and the prices even seemed in the Mike Ashley range. Hopefully we're just trying to shift players to make space for a couple.

I think we have waited and waited for players to leave and given lack of time gone for the cheaper option tbh

I think there's a decent chance we'll get Perez still, Arsenal don't need him and the prices even seemed in the Mike Ashley range. Hopefully we're just trying to shift players to make space for a couple.

Wages would be way too high IMO.

I would quite like Wilshere. It is a punt based on his injury record but without his injury record we wouldn't be able to sign him.  It is a punt but a worthwhile one as without Shelvey we have less creativity than a North Korean battle plan.

From that Daily Mail article:

Lucas Perez, the striker available from Arsenal at £20m, is out of the question, even before wages are discussed. It would take a huge change over the last three weeks of the transfer window for that deal to get done.

Guest chopey

I read today that Wilshere's training at Arsenal is going well. Running freely for the first time in ages.

If we put Wilshere and De Jong in the same team a black hole will open up the likes of which the Hadron Collider has never seen

"Caballero was a free agent, so Benitez didn’t anticipate problems getting the first-class keeper he wanted. The Argentine agreed wages and was looking forward to playing regularly."

I assumed when that didn't happen that we weren't willing to pay the wages he had been on / what Chelsea were offering. If it's true wages were agreed I can't imagine what we were fucking about with but it's pathetic.

"Caballero was a free agent, so Benitez didn’t anticipate problems getting the first-class keeper he wanted. The Argentine agreed wages and was looking forward to playing regularly."

I assumed when that didn't happen that we weren't willing to pay the wages he had been on / what Chelsea were offering. If it's true wages were agreed I can't imagine what we were f***ing about with but it's pathetic.

Wonder what the timescale was between him agreeing our wages and Chelsea popping up ?

Looking back the first report I can see is June 2 in the Times. Five days later the Times said he preferred Chelsea to Newcastle. Over a week after that his agent was talking to Goal.com saying it was still up in the air.

Now seeing how vocal his agent was to the media and since it sounds like agent fees were the reason Abraham fell through, I'd guess this was the same.

The fees being paid to agents is insane and I can understand why we don't want to pay them, but it's the price of doing business these days.

It's like Pearl Jam fighting Ticketmaster in the 90s, except Pearl Jam was doing it on principle and trying to change the industry. We are just cheap bastards.

I'm no ashley apologist, he's fucked us this window unnecessarily, but I think he just really hates being fleeced anywhere in his business and sees the drastically rising agent fees of the last few years and thinks fuck that. It's hard not to have some sympathy, I would approve of all agents being shoved out the back of an airplane tbh.

I'm no ashley apologist, he's f***ed us this window unnecessarily, but I think he just really hates being fleeced anywhere in his business and sees the drastically rising agent fees of the last few years and thinks f*** that. It's hard not to have some sympathy, I would approve of all agents being shoved out the back of an airplane tbh.

It's not even individual fees as I read it, it's the total cost of each deal and if it's worth it or not.............however we are lead to believe that Rafa has the final say on all this.

I assumed when that didn't happen that we weren't willing to pay the wages he had been on / what Chelsea were offering. If it's true wages were agreed I can't imagine what we were f***ing about with but it's pathetic.

Wonder what the timescale was between him agreeing our wages and Chelsea popping up ?

To be fair I've seen a bit of him over a few seasons and he's average. I'd much rather Elliott or even Darlow.

Missing out on Caballero is nothing to be bothered over.

Rafa needs to bring in a striker. Ashley's interview could in fact help him. If clubs think we're skint, they won't be asking for over the odds for players they want off the books.

Assuming we have some sort of budget left..

To be fair I've seen a bit of him over a few seasons and he's average. I'd much rather Elliott or even Darlow.

Rafa needs to bring in a striker. Ashley's interview could in fact help him. If clubs think we're skint, they won't be asking for over the odds for players they want off the books.

:lol: how much has Foluwashola paid you to post this shite?

They're cutting the Benwell chalky up with summat else these days like.

Poor b******.