Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's just about crisis mode time.

We need to start coming to agreements to terminate contracts. Pay them off portions of their contracts to get them off the wage bill and let them be free agents and start getting new bodies in. Let Rafa build the fucking teams he wants damnit.

FM don't really work in real life.

Never played. Basing my contract knowledge on American sports. ;)

Paid Ben Arfa off  :lol:

Dear god what a ridiculous decision that was, that was again a dispute with the manager tbf. Not sure any of the players we want rid are in that situation.

Colback maybe?

Aye he does seemed to have fallen out big style, unfortunately Colback will never go for a contract pay up, he's got too long on it and would want it all paid up, and we aint going to do that.

We need to start coming to agreements to terminate contracts. Pay them off portions of their contracts to get them off the wage bill and let them be free agents and start getting new bodies in. Let Rafa build the fucking teams he wants damnit.

Never played. Basing my contract knowledge on American sports. ;)

We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. Transfer fees, player here are seen as assets, to sell and buy, i suppose it's as simple as that really.

Absolutely no reason it shouldn't work financially for both sides in certain cases.

Only getting 1.8m for De Jong. Even with all his injuries, I was hoping we'd get a bit more than that.

As someone posted yesterday, hopefully we do have money left to spend, but getting the deadwood (high) wages off the bill has been the problem, and more important than the fee received.

How many years does he have left on his contract? (so f***ing sad that I know this forum too well I had to add the last part on to stop the illness/injury jokes). This probably frees up £6m in terms of fee and wages. Need a few more out.

You keep pitching them, others will knock them out of the park 'scoop them' to first base.

Yeah, if its what we need. Kenedy, keeper, and a striker/#10 should do the job till January, and no excuses if we can't do that in a week. The football will be methodical and conservative, but we shouldn't be cast adrift, even with the odd Shelvey meltdown and Gayle "illness".

Mitro out and last minute cheap striker in wouldn't surprise me, if that's the only way to get 8-10M in.