Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For example, Colback even couldn't perform for us in a Championship level.  So any Championship team taking colback is like buying a poison pill and swallow it.  Not so many idiots out there right?

Colback is shit but this is a a load of bollocks.

Colback and Hanley in particular would be good championship players for most sides. The problem is that they are on higher wages than they are worth.

The players themselves are going to have to take a pay cut if they want first team football.

Colback would be a good championship player for most sides? On what evidence? He was a shit championship player for us.

He played loads of games for the side who won the championship. In the championship, stuff like that gets noticed.

I imagine most mid table championship sides would take Colback. Like I say, wages are the issue.

That's not the same as him being a good championship player.

We won the league in spite of him, not because of him.

For Ashley's 'strategy' to make sense we'd have to have a world class scouting network. So it's been clear for a decade his strategy is just smoke and mirrors to buy mainly punts and shit and the odd good player. You can't shift shit.

Not really, during the fat c*** era we always try to buy players with obvious bargain price like Cabaye and Ben Arfa, players with resale value like Enrique and Wijnaldum, or buy dirt cheap players like Leon Best.  I am pretty sure as a businessman the fat cunt would hate high paid rubbish most, and always tried his best to prevent this from happening.

The problem, however, is that we are f***ing s*** in other many areas that resulted total failure both on and off the pitch, like

- s*** managers who couldn't bring out the best of the players (apply to all)

- extremely poor scouting that players aren't thoroughly evaluated (Cabella, Thauvin, de Jong)

- Dodgy signings where the players are simply a fraud (Boumsong, Riviere, saivet)

- failed experiment (Hanley, Lazaar, but they will be forgiven because they are from Rafa)

Ultimately it is down to f***ing poor management skills and s*** scouting work (if what Carr did can be classified as work).  They simply don't know how to run a football club.

Not really, during the fat cunt era we always try to buy players with obvious bargain price like Cabaye and Ben Arfa, players with resale value like Enrique and Wijnaldum, or buy dirt cheap players like Leon Best.

The problem, however, is that we are fucking shit in other many areas that resulted total failure both on and off the pitch, like

- shit managers who couldn't bring out the best of the players (apply to all)

- extremely poor scouting that players aren't thoroughly evaluated (Cabella, Thauvin, de Jong)

- Dodgy signings where the players are simply a fraud (Boumsong, Riviere, saivet)

- failed experiment (Hanley, Lazaar, but they will be forgiven because they are from Rafa)

Ultimately it is down to fucking poor management skills and shit scouting work (if what Carr did can be classified as work).  They simply don't know how to run a football club.

We've bought about 6 good players in 10 years. :lol: 10 fucking years! As you say the rest are dodgy, poorly researched or cheap punts. They can't even lie convincingly about their strategy.

If we really wanted to get rid of them we could. Even if it meant we paid 20% of their wages until their contracts with us ran out, we could without doubt find buyers. If someone offered £2m for Colback you'd take it! Clubs who have just been promoted like Sheff Utd or Bolton would take someone like Hanley, Diame, or Darlow! I just think that the club is run so poorly and quite reluctant to sell players for less than what we bought them for that nothing gets done.

If we really wanted to get rid of them we could. Even if it meant we paid 20% of their wages until their contracts with us ran out, we could without doubt find buyers. If someone offered £2m for Colback you'd take it! Clubs who have just been promoted like Sheff Utd or Bolton would take someone like Hanley, Diame, or Darlow! I just think that the club is run so poorly and quite reluctant to sell players for less than what we bought them for that nothing gets done.

I don't want to defend them but it's not always on the club tbf, in some cases like with Haidara the player just flat out refuses to move and run his contract down.

Without a doubt we are still making signings, or certainly up until Rafa came, that were favors for agents. You look at players like Saivet who has barely kicked a ball for us in his time. There's been an endless amount of rank players who have barely ever featured for us. The fact they are shite is obviously a factor but imo strengthen the case of it being a favor.

Nah I mean in the fat cunt point of view, we have been doing our very best to avoid deadwood. Of course the result is complete failure due to many reasons.

That said, I am pretty sure that the fat cunt won't be disappointed for deals like Colback and Marveaux because they are cheap punt, but must be furious for deals like Hanley and Lazaar because they cost real money but end up useless.

I won't be surprised if Carr end up in jail for those dodgy French signings, FYI. Carr is one of the main reasons why we were in deep shit.  Those players which apparently looks like good deals are mostly frauds, not suitable to EPL, or not suitable to the team needs.  Those are very poor signings or a waste of money in football sense.

I won't be surprised if Carr end up in jail for those dodgy French signings, FYI. Carr is one of the main reasons why we were in deep shit.  Those players which apparently looks like good deals are mostly frauds, not suitable to EPL, or not suitable to the team needs.  Those are very poor signings or a waste of money in football sense.

:lol:

For me the criticism of all the transfers can be somewhat OTT.  There are a seriously high level of variables in why a transfer may or may not succeed, just because a player hasn't performed here it doesn't necessarily make him a bad player, it could just be the fit is wrong and that could be because he misses his home comforts and struggles to adjust or because his kids aren't enjoying the school they've been moved into. One area I believe we struggle in is that our club recently has had no overall philosophy of how we want the team to play on a Saturday, we have had a range of managers come in, each with a different idea and philosophy. This means a top central midfielder under one manager could be an unused sub under another just due to the functions a different manager might be looking for from that position.

One thing I would like the club to do is to commit to a style of play, I am a massive fan of Swansea, partly because when they change managers they have that philosophy so that whoever comes in already has a squad of players who suit. There is none of this 2 year turnover of players which then happens again when a new manager is brought in.

Too much sense here, no way the fat cunt will understand this.

Southampton have 40 scouts around Europe and a central database that is tweaked daily with reports.

Nice info  O0 I wonder how this compares to the norm for the PL and more importantly to us?

The av in the PL 7. I only mentioned it to illustrate what bullshit Ashley is feeding us in terms of growing the club via player buying and selling at a profit over time. If that were the strategy we'd have a well developed scouting and evaluation network in place over the last decade. Afaik we have one bloke in the evaluation team and about 3/4 scouts. For a long time it was mainly just Carr and the reliance on agents feeding us ideas. Ashley has never bothered to put a strategy in place to implement his 'strategy'. In short it's all bullshit.

Liverpool set up is about 16.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/liverpool-fc-scouts/

We rarely buy marketable players. I can only think of half a dozen in a decade. Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, Ba, Hatem, Winjaldum...We got lucky with Enrique and Bassong.

I'd say in this window possibly Lejeune will be marketable.

We buy mainly dross and it's been going on since Ashley took over.

Aye, Merino's going to be a drain on this club for years. Just like Atsu. What wasters.

When you aren't willing to pay decent money you will buy sub standard, as we've seen. Merino is one of those little diamonds you unearth, Atsu is decent too, but in the main we've bought utter dross because we're run by a cheapskate moron who thinks he can run the club like a donnay sock stall.

"You can have new recruits when we sell some unwanteds."

Sells a bunch of players.

"You can have new recruits when we sell some more unwanteds."

Sells more players.

"We've ran out of time to sign new recruits!"

Save: then copy and paste at Jan 31st 2018

Bet you there is a procedure note somewhere in the NUFC drawers for this

Hanley isn’t the only player being told to grasp their chance to leave in the next few days with Tim Krul, Achraf Lazaar, Jack Colback , Yasin Ben El-Mhanni and Henri Saivet all able to leave.

Yasin Ben El-Mhanni is just going out on loan though isn't he?

Hanley isn’t the only player being told to grasp their chance to leave in the next few days with Tim Krul, Achraf Lazaar, Jack Colback , Yasin Ben El-Mhanni and Henri Saivet all able to leave.

Yasin Ben El-Mhanni is just going out on loan though isn't he?

I think i read he can go permanently, last year of his contract apparently.