Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is Gayle suddenly on the chopping block? Can we realistically get an upgrade in? A sidegrade?

Be pretty exciting if we do. In my opinion we should/could actively try and upgrade him as I just don't rate him that highly, and hopefully that's what we're doing.

Be staggered if Rafa actually pulled it off mind.

While an upgrade would certainly be decent, we shouldn’t be letting our only decent striker go, full stop. A club our size shouldn’t have only one first team striker in the squad. Mitro hasn’t proved that he can be the teams main goal scorer when called upon.

If we go into the season with Gayle, Mitro, and Joselu I'd be worried.

If we go into the season with Gayle, Mitro, and Joselu, and bring in some chancer on loan, or an old journeyman as back-up, and I'd be worried. 

Go into the season with Mitro, Joselu, and a significant upgrade on Gayle, then considering we only seem to play one up top, that'd do for me.

Tagliafico for left back and Jovetic for AM would make this an acceptable window. Then I think we have a decent squad for all positions except goalie.

Im still hoping for 4 signings.

GK

LB

CM

STRIKER

All should top class, CM could be a young squad player

We will sign at least 3 players more

Nee idea what you are taking but you should probably stop.

Still believe we will. By top class i mean players who will improve us more or less from day one.

You dont think 3 players will come this window? Its only  down to how many we will manage to ship out.

Things are starting to happen....

Just playing devils advocate, there's been nothing to suggest that Rafa hasn't been in charge of incoming/outgoing decisions, purely that there was an issue over the amount he had to spend. If Gayle goes he'll be replaced imo. Makes sense, he doesn't really fit.

Just playing devils advocate, there's been nothing to suggest that Rafa hasn't been in charge of incoming/outgoing decisions, purely that there was an issue over the amount he had to spend. If Gayle goes he'll be replaced imo. Makes sense, he doesn't really fit.

Surely the two are inextricably linked?

Where has the madness that we will replace him come from? People forgetting we have signed Joselu, Mike won't sanction 2 striker signings in one window.

As if we'd go into the season with two unreliable strikers...

...would we? Surely not, shut your face, that can't happen... Can it? No. Maybe? Oh God.

Aye but i imagine Charnley handles on the finance and negotiation side of things, which is where the problems lie.

If we could offload Gayle for £20m and bring Origi in on loan I wouldn't mind providing the bulk of the £20m was then spent on adding a new GK, LB and possible #10.

Know already that wouldn't happen though.

Certainly. But in the specific circumstance that you sell a first team regular, we've heard nothing (while Rafa's been here) that suggests it won't be Rafa's decision in order to upgrade him for a more suitable player.

If it's just a money grab then I think he'll be off like everyone else.

£10m?!! We couldn't even cough up ten million pounds....Jesus Christ, we really are doomed :( That's unforgivable.

And people actually think we'll get £20m for Dwight Gayle? :lol:

We could have doubled his wages offered by Monaco and he'd still go there. You seriously think we stood any chance like?  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Certainly. But in the specific circumstance that you sell a first team regular, we've heard nothing (while Rafa's been here) that suggests it won't be Rafa's decision in order to upgrade him for a more suitable player.

If it's just a money grab then I think he'll be off like everyone else.

I know what you're saying, but you know that their lies won't be limited to not interfering with transfers.

£10m?!! We couldn't even cough up ten million pounds....Jesus Christ, we really are doomed :( That's unforgivable.

And people actually think we'll get £20m for Dwight Gayle? :lol:

We could have doubled his wages offered by Monaco and he'd still go there. You seriously think we stood any chance like?  :lol:

Not to mention no income tax, so we'd have to go above and beyond on his wages. It's disappointing, but not one to freak out about.