Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we really wanted to get rid of them we could. Even if it meant we paid 20% of their wages until their contracts with us ran out, we could without doubt find buyers. If someone offered £2m for Colback you'd take it! Clubs who have just been promoted like Sheff Utd or Bolton would take someone like Hanley, Diame, or Darlow! I just think that the club is run so poorly and quite reluctant to sell players for less than what we bought them for that nothing gets done.

I don't want to defend them but it's not always on the club tbf, in some cases like with Haidara the player just flat out refuses to move and run his contract down.

Well that's the whole point of having a contract, why shouldn't he run it down? Maybe we should be a bit more careful about handing out 5 year contracts, especially when we are buying players who aren't first choice targets in the first place.

Anyone reckon we might actually break our transfer record in the coming days? :lol:

Definite maybe. To my mind there would be no possibility of Gayle going anywhere unless we had a clear starter lined up. Not that he definitely will, but I would be surprised if we don't have an expensive (for us) alternative on the shopping list.

Hanley to Norwich

Haidara to Standard Liege

Colback to Hull

All outgoing rumours only at the minute.

Colback to Hell would be better.

That would suggest he had a soul to depart to hell?

I'd carry him there even if I'd had no chance of returning for the good of mankind.

Anyone reckon we might actually break our transfer record in the coming days? :lol:

Definite maybe. To my mind there would be no possibility of Gayle going anywhere unless we had a clear starter lined up. Not that he definitely will, but I would be surprised if we don't have an expensive (for us) alternative on the shopping list.

I wouldn't be surprised at all :lol:

The thing what makes me slightly hopeful is the fact that the likes of Merino & Manquillo came out of the blue, it seems the jornos didn't have a clue. And the fact Rafa himself has stated we're in for players that haven't (at least at that time) been mentioned in the press. Here's hoping.

I still think we could be getting Correa, since Costa saga finally ended and he will be in Athletico at Jan.

He's been excellent for Atleti in their first two matches. Plus they will need him at least until January as they have that transfer ban. Plus, he'd cost at least €15m! It's a pipe dream, sadly.

The thing what makes me slightly hopeful is the fact that the likes of Merino & Manquillo came out of the blue, it seems the jornos didn't have a clue. And the fact Rafa himself has stated we're in for players that haven't (at least at that time) been mentioned in the press. Here's hoping.

Same feelings, I don't think it's logical to be certain we won't sign anyone else. Of course it is logical to be worried.

Tagliafico for left back and Jovetic for AM would make this an acceptable window. Then I think we have a decent squad for all positions except goalie.

Im still hoping for 4 signings.

GK

LB

CM

STRIKER

All should top class, CM could be a young squad player

We will sign at least 3 players more

Nee idea what you are taking but you should probably stop.

I still think we could be getting Correa, since Costa saga finally ended and he will be in Athletico at Jan.

:lol:

Have your three been sniffing glue?

:lol:

Have your three been sniffing glue?

probably