Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4839444/Transfer-deadline-day-spending-LATEST-Window-numbers.html

According to the table in that article, we have spent £36.2m and brought in £24.7 leaving a net spend of £11.5m.

When you consider the players who have left: de Jong, Murphy, Hanley, Riviere, Gouffran, Anita, Krul and Lazaar - that must be between £250k to £300k per week off the wage bill as well so £12m+ a year.  I would be surprised if the wages for the new arrivals totalled that much.

until people stop going or pick one game to send a big f u. nothing will change. Today has been a disgrace

That won't change a thing. Bournemouth paid 20 million for a player this off season, on gates of what 11k. The only thing AShley responds to is money and the money is in the TV deal, this squad although weak is still capable of making 17th, he'll be delighted with that.

Guest firetotheworks

until people stop going or pick one game to send a big f u. nothing will change. Today has been a disgrace

That won't change a thing. Bournemouth paid 20 million for a player this off season, on gates of what 11k. The only thing AShley responds to is money and the money is in the TV deal, this squad although weak is still capable of making 17th, he'll be delighted with that.

You have no idea whether it would definitely change a thing, but what you do know is that a packed stadium definitely wouldn't change a thing.

Sky aren't going to televise an empty PL stadium btw, it's bad for the brand.

You have no idea whether it would definitely change a thing, but what you do know is that a packed stadium definitely wouldn't change a thing.

You are overplaying the importance of the live televised games in the UK, the big money is the amount all clubs get through the UK and oversees deals. Hell I watched the WBA/Stoke game live here in Canada, they didn't stop showing it because of the masses of empty seats. Attendance bears little relation to the decisions they make on the games they pick.

You are overplaying the importance of the live televised games in the UK, the big money is the amount all clubs get through the UK and oversees deals. Hell I watched the WBA/Stoke game live here in Canada, they didn't stop showing it because of the masses of empty seats. Attendance bears little relation to the decisions they make on the games they pick.

I would bet Sky pick a lot more of our games to televise than either of those two. A packed stadium of 52k definitely does make better television, it must come into the equation when Sky are choosing which games to televise over a season.

Guest firetotheworks

WBA/Stoke that was on on Sunday? There weren't masses of empty seats at all. This isn't a one off thing and Sky was just an example, this is about the Premier League as a brand. A consistently empty SJP would damage the brand and therefore damage Ashley.

It's all a pipe dream anyway, there's absolutely no chance that it would ever happen consistently with our fans or most fans.

Call me a fool/crazy/naive/idiot...and some did - when I said that we would sign at least 3 "quality" players in the final days of the window.

Im am shocked - I know Ashley - but this is a far beyond my wildest dreams.

Its a disgrace!

Now we are left to support the players and Rafa and its wonderful when they win - but every they manage to do that it will be water on Fat bastards mill.

Most of all I feel devastated because I let myself to believe that this time it would be different...

Don´t know if im looking forward to hear from Rafa?

Do I hope he will resign, I don´t know?

John Richardson saying Rafa had lined up deals for Sturridge and/or Dzeko to join us?

All a bit familiar with KK lining up deals for Lennon and Swinestigger 10 years ago only for them not to happen.

Guest neesy111

John Richardson saying Rafa had lined up deals for Sturridge and/or Dzeko to join us?

Now I know he's lying :lol:

Aye, he always seemed a bit bullshitty this summer. He's just taking the piss there.

It was reported last season Rafa wanted Sturridge.

Guest firetotheworks

Not with that attitude! :lol:

It may seem unlikely, but that's entirely because of our dampened expectations, the players we've signed under Ashley, and the constant 'deluded Geordies' brush we're all tarred with imo. Under Rafa, with a club that's actively attempting to improve and match Rafa's ambition, there's little reason that we couldn't have attracted the likes of Dzeko and Sturridge and paid the necessary wages. It wouldn't be completely out of the question, look at the sort of 'names' that Stoke and Boro have signed in recent years.

We previously bought Alan Shearer and Micheal Owen, England's top strikers at the time.  Now we don't have two pennies to rub together while the league is the richest its ever been.  :lol: :lol:

:lol: It's absolutely ridiculous. We can't even compete with West Brom, ffs.

The most bizarre thing about the whole situation is that it makes no business or financial sense. There is a very good chance we will be relegated now which means the club and Ashley lose millions. Transfer fees are only going to get more insane so waiting for January or next summer is foolhardy as the players are only going to cost more and more money. It's so unbelievably shortsighted and fundamentally flawed that it actually makes my brain hurt.