Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One way or another the Luiz, Hamsik, Sturridge, and Slimani deals appear to be happening, and it wouldn't surprise me at all, wonderful man that he is, if Rafa managed to revive moves for Loftus-Cheek, Townsend, and Abraham, despite a couple of them being mid-way through loans. With all of that pretty much done and dusted, it gives Rafa the whole of January to look for a keeper, that'll be his focus, and whoever he gets will be a damn sight better than what we had and I'll be grateful for it. The problem is that at left back that still leaves the horrendous Javier Manquillo and the barely fit and none too appetising Paul Dummett.

I like this guy.

Loans make sense if they are for decent players. No decent player is going to want to sign permanently for NUFC if they think we might get relegated. Also players will want to see if the takeover goes through. Decent player needing to put yourself in the shop window to secure your World Cup squad place as your not starting for your current team? Come to NUFC where you'd almost be guaranteed a start every game. It's also only a 5 month commitment.

I don't care if you don't buy a single player in the transfer window as long as we loan the quality we need. Yes, it has come to this. We need to borrow off teams we used to rival. Maybe we will again if we get taken over but we need to secure our Premier League status first.

Loans make sense if they are for decent players. No decent player is going to want to sign permanently for NUFC if they think we might get relegated. Also players will want to see if the takeover goes through. Decent player needing to put yourself in the shop window to secure your World Cup squad place as your not starting for your current team? Come to NUFC where you'd almost be guaranteed a start every game. It's also only a 5 month commitment.

I don't care if you don't buy a single player in the transfer window as long as we loan the quality we need. Yes, it has come to this. We need to borrow off teams we used to rival. Maybe we will again if we get taken over but we need to secure our Premier League status first.

We can only loan 2 players at any given time.

Aye, only in terms of other Premier League teams though. Pretty sure loans from abroad are unlimited.

Aye, only in terms of other Premier League teams though. Pretty sure loans from abroad are unlimited.

Only four loan players in total, iirc.

That would do as long as they're good players for the right positions.

Plus a quality permanent player for say £20m....

Plus a quality permanent player for say £20m....

Ideally, of course.

There isn't a shred of hard evidence to support any of these fanciful transfer rumours yet everyone is completely caught up in the furore of these unsubstantiated rumours.  It happens every transfer window and we know none of these rumours will come to fruition..

:thup:

People getting dizzy with spin.

No wonder Sunderland finally got relegated if you're now only allowed to loan 2 players in total from the Premiership. Half Sunderland's team used to be made up of loaned players. I wasn't aware the rule had changed.

Still, 2 decent players from Premiership teams and 2 from Europe (hopefully Rafa's connections would get us someone like e.g. a Real Madrid player not making the 1st team - if the loan is bankrolled) would help us massively.

Guest firetotheworks

People turning their nose up at David Luiz ffs [emoji38]

Absolutely insane. He was arguably their best defender in the title win. People are mad

Which people? [emoji38] I haven't seen a single person doing this.

Not really sure about Luiz, he's a loose cannon in the best of teams so imagine him with a team like ours.

Ah okay, one person that's not sure. [emoji38]

Just been in the takeover thread and I take this back. People are indeed mad.

No wonder Sunderland finally got relegated if you're now only allowed to loan 2 players in total from the Premiership. Half Sunderland's team used to be made up of loaned players. I wasn't aware the rule had changed.

It's always been 2 as long as I can remember. Sunderland have nearly always used this avenue but have never had more than 2 domestic ones in recent seasons.

09/10 - Benjani and Hutton

10/11 - Onuoha and Welbeck

11/12 - Bridge and Bendtner

12/13 - Rose

13/14 - Ki and Borini

14/15 - Coates

15/16 - Yedlin

16/17 - Denayer and Januzaj

Maybe we triggered Merinos clause early to free up another loan spot on Jan

The real motivation was surely that the ownership saw right away that he was worth more than the buyout clause but this would possibly have been a factor in the decision to do it earlier than they had to.

Newcastle United target Stefano Sturaro has apologised after hitting out at a 12-year-old Napoli fan on social media.

The Juventus star – who has had a difficult start to the season for The Old Lady – lost his cool on Instagram after receiving a number of unwanted messages, but it was one poor youngster who received the brunt of the midfielder’s brutal backlash.

“Sorry, Gomorra. Sit down or I’ll embarrass you to such a degree that you’ll cry for three days. Go play with your Pokemon and stop bothering me, you retard,” the Italy international wrote, “Go cry to your mother, you damn child. Actually, I am at home with your mother.”

Of course the savage outburst was not taken to well by football fans everywhere, and the 24-year-old has now apologised for his regrettable attack.

“Often we players are insulted via social networks”, the Genoa academy graduate published via his official Instagram account.

“We ought to ignore them, but at times the instinct prevails. I apologise to anyone who felt affected by this.”

Sturaro has not featured for Juventus since mid-November and is heavily rumoured to be on his way out of Italy after the New Year.

:lol: Bit strong.

Newcastle United target Stefano Sturaro has apologised after hitting out at a 12-year-old Napoli fan on social media.

The Juventus star – who has had a difficult start to the season for The Old Lady – lost his cool on Instagram after receiving a number of unwanted messages, but it was one poor youngster who received the brunt of the midfielder’s brutal backlash.

“Sorry, Gomorra. Sit down or I’ll embarrass you to such a degree that you’ll cry for three days. Go play with your Pokemon and stop bothering me, you retard,” the Italy international wrote, “Go cry to your mother, you damn child. Actually, I am at home with your mother.”

Of course the savage outburst was not taken to well by football fans everywhere, and the 24-year-old has now apologised for his regrettable attack.

“Often we players are insulted via social networks”, the Genoa academy graduate published via his official Instagram account.

“We ought to ignore them, but at times the instinct prevails. I apologise to anyone who felt affected by this.”

Sturaro has not featured for Juventus since mid-November and is heavily rumoured to be on his way out of Italy after the New Year.

:lol: Bit strong.

:lol: