Proposed reforms to The Football League

Stifler

Championship clubs are worried about losing revenue from 8 less games a season, which is fair enough.

And in regard to 100 clubs filling 5 divisions, if and when the leagues are reshaped there would be 8 clubs promoted from the National League, the season before the change to make the numbers right.

Top 7 promoted, then teams finishing 8-11 in the play offs. Gateshead will still find a way to fuck it up.

:lol: probably correct.

I like the idea - always found it weird how Premier League sides gather large squads, whilst lower league teams play far more games (8 in the league, earlier cup entries, Johnstone's Paint).

Easing congestion is great but losing revenue would hurt. And you'd have to jump from 24 teams to 20 in one season because, if you went to 22 first, where do the extra 6 go?

Guest chopey

Good idea in my opinion I just wish they would take on my proposal to make the charity shield the premier league winners versus the England team

Guest neesy111

There's 10's of clubs in financial trouble in the lower leagues, increasing the amount of teams will make it worse not better.

The football league is proposing changing to 4 leagues (not including Premier League) instead of 3 leagues of 24. This means a further 8 teams will be added, but it's not known if they will be from the conference or Premier League B teams. Relegation and promoting to both the Premier League and the conference will remain the same.

This is all aimed at reducing or taking away midweek games with the hope of selling it internationally.

Isnt it the football league's idea? The football league and Premier league are different things, why would Prem B teams enter the football league?

Opportunity for two Scottish teams to enter the English league ?

f*** right off. Unless it's Berwick.

And Stranraer - further south than NUFC, geography fans. (Seriously, no need for the Old Firm in England. It would be.....carnage. On both sides.)

And Stranraer - further south than NUFC, geography fans. (Seriously, no need for the Old Firm in England. It would be.....carnage. On both sides.)

That's quite interesting. Did not know. Thanks BW.

I think they should be allowed in tbh. If not then the fucking Welsh teams should be kicked out and into the Nathaniel Car Sales Welsh Football League.

Those fans though. Didn't Rangers fans riot in Manchester back when they were in the UEFA cup final?

Stranraer is still north of the border though, Berwick isn't. If you allow Stranraer in because it's further south than Newcastle then your then have the same argument for Annan athletic and Queen of the South.

Celtic and Rangers being allowed into the Championship whilst 7 Chanpionship clubs get relegated would cause a whole load of arguments and rightly so. If Celtic and Rangers want in then they have to work their way in from the bottom. I think they have been offered that before and rejected it. Also what happens in domestic cups? In the MLS the Canadian clubs arn't allowed in to the North American Champions League via the MLS or the USA's allocations and have to enter via the Canadian cup, would the Scottish FA still allow Celtic and Rangers enter their cup completions to allow them into Europe when it's likely they won't get it via the Premier League and the English domestic cups?

Stranraer is still north of the border though, Berwick isn't. If you allow Stranraer in because it's further south than Newcastle then your then have the same argument for Annan athletic and Queen of the South.

Wouldn't be a very long argument since neither of those are south of Newcastle.

The last thing we need is more teams IMO.

We have plenty of well supported non-league clubs and developing clubs hoping to get into the league. You just have to look at the likes of Doncaster, Fleetwood, Wimbledon, and York to see how their are clubs who are viable league clubs. Doncaster came all the way from the Conference to the Championship in a few years, Fllwtwood are devoting into a decent league team. Last night we had Acceington Stanely and Wimbledon in the League 2 play offs, both clubs who are replacements to their original clubs. In Wimbledon's case their rise has been rapid. York city are on the verge of building a new stadium to house increasing supporter numbers. Closer to home we have Gateshead who ideally want their own stadium to house their steady following.

England is unique in the sense that we have hundreds of well supported clubs and are possibly the only country in he world that can support then. It's are duty to continue supporting them.

Nah. More games = more revenue.

Money that will be used to pay the wages of the Stewarts at Fllwtwood and Acceington Stanely.

Pieing off the JP trophy would make far more sense.

Yep; it's pointless

Along with the League Cup

Lesta lass at work has fond memories of the LC tbf, showed me pics of her whole family from whenever, 97 and 2000 it says here, although that's been trumped a bit now. A day at Wembo is a thing, I mind 76 and Denis fucking Tueart, the Judas. Different era that, admittedly, but play-off finals etc. can be a massive landmark in a supporter's life.

You fucking miseries :lol:

Doing away with the midweek games?

I appreciate I am probably the only one, but the only positive from our relegation for me is the fact that there are loads of midweek games in that league. I love midweek games.

Pieing off the JP trophy would make far more sense.

Yep; it's pointless

Along with the League Cup

The only cup we've got a chance of winning? Nee chance.

They've got some scam planned. Who will be these 8 sides?

Globalists United

Muslim Town

AFC Nee Coins

Borrussia Juncker

Farage Bulldogs

Liverpool Oldboys

Foilhat Rovers

Mediaconspira City