The Euro 2016 Betting Thread

Wullie

Actually, that's not true, at least for the first few bookies I've checked.  Assists count for the golden boot, but I'm presuming you're betting on top goalscorer rather than winner of the golden boot.

Actually, that's not true, at least for the first few bookies I've checked.  Assists count for the golden boot, but I'm presuming you're betting on top goalscorer rather than winner of the golden boot.

Aye, bookies won't be counting assists to determine an outright winner unless stated beforehand.

Ronaldo won't even win the Golden Boot with just one more goal because he's spent more time on the pitch than Griezmann has. They're equal on assists (as are Payet and Giroud).

EDIT: scratch that, BBC have their stats wrong. Ronnie would win the Boot with one more but would share top scorer with the bookies.

I'm hearing they lost a shed load on the Wales Belgium game. Don't know how like, I won fuck all.

Don't know how that can be true. It was one of the most surprising results for the tournament.

Wales were all over Belgium after they conceded like for people who waited. BTTS in the first half seems a fairly popular bet too.

Even so, it would be strange not to have it on for the final, if they were at risk of losing too much money they wouldn't run the offer at all.

Not too sure if matters anyway.

I read, via some fucker on Profit Accumulator forum - who met some fucker who works for some bookie, that these fuckers (bookies) back the bets, that customers place with them, at the exchange. (For higher price and therefore, if it comes through, obtaining customers' liability and, of course, their own profits.)

But I don't know how common this practice is.