Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

Vardy      Sturridge

Alli

Lallana    Dier    Henderson*

*not really happy with Henderson, tempted by Barkley, but should be Townsend really.

"Thankful to God for letting me score" :lol:

Not for nothing, religious athletes seem to have that extra edge to their game.

:lol: Bollocks.

Of course they do, man. See F. Ameobi.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, Shola is extremely religious and he definitely had at least one extra edge to both of his feet and his head.

Kane

Vardy        Sturridge

Ali

Rooney  Dier

I think Kane's on the verge of losing his place, couldn't argue either.

I think on his performances so far, yes, but I think the overall selection hasn't helped him. I think put more attacking options around him and he improves. Might be a bit gung ho, like. But it's quick and penetrating (giggidy)

Do like Beren's, too.

Tbf, Shola is extremely religious and he definitely had at least one extra edge to both of his feet and his head.

:lol:

Do agree with Shearer about Rooney. He's really found a place back there, worthy starter without a doubt.

Waste of a position for me today.

If we're going to play without wingers (which is going to be the case for the rest of the tournament, cos we didn't bring any) Rooney's movement, positioning and ability to spread the play is crucial. The only time we get wide is when the full-backs find space and Rooney picked them out every single time - he's not made one bad pass in either game.

He's been unlucky not to score in both games too; I can see him nicking one from the edge of the box against Slovakia.

I don't love our style of play but it's ground-out four decent points. Should have been six, obviously, but we go into the last game favourites to top the group. Rooney has been vital for that and credit to both him and Hodgson.

I'm an atheist btw, but I swear it seems like every successful athlete believes in God and thanks 'him' for all their success.

Look at the Brazil team.

I think that religious people always feel like they have someone watching over them, where as someone like me knows that I'm responsible for everything in my life, therefore when I fuck up, it hits a little harder.

Thank fuck for that, we deserved to win. Wales offered nothing all game bar that Bale free kick, even if we lacked bite for the majority of the game, but who'd have thought that playing an inform striker would produce goals.

I don't really like Rooney in the midfield because personally while he plays well himself it imbalances some others in the team to fit him in. But if you have to do it then scrap Kane and Sterling and bring Sturridge and Vardy. I like Kane i really do but with how this team is set up i don't think he fits, Vardy and Sturridge both have great movement, instincts and pace which lends really well to Rooney strengths in his midfield role.

Can do what ever you like with Lallana's place i really don't care.

I'm an atheist btw, but I swear it seems like every successful athlete believes in God and thanks 'him' for all their success.

Look at the Brazil team.

They're shit though. :lol:

Look at the Brazil team.

I think that religious people always feel like they have someone watching over them, where as someone like me knows that I'm responsible for everything in my life, therefore when I f*** up, it hits a little harder.

Doubt that's true, it's just you have to listen to them proselytizing when they do something decent...see Benson Henderson.

It's not like Jamie Vardy is saying "I thank my lack of belief in a religious diety for this goal" too. [Note; not saying he isn't religious...]

End of Kane then. Don't think he's all there. Looks sluggish and overwhelmed.

Whenever he's been on the field, England have been playing a formation with personnel which has seen the deck stacked against him. I feel bad for him tbh.

He's still a quality player. Happy for either Sturridge or Kane to partner Vardy up top. No bad thing to have good options off the bench, or rotate a bit.

Guest firetotheworks

Look at the Brazil team.

They're shit though. :lol:

It's a load of bollocks this like. I'm sure Astroblack has just been trolling the last couple of days. :lol: It's not like there's a nation of athiests to compare with anyway.

Look at the Brazil team.

I think that religious people always feel like they have someone watching over them, where as someone like me knows that I'm responsible for everything in my life, therefore when I f*** up, it hits a little harder.

Doubt that's true, it's just you have to listen to them proselytizing when they do something decent...see Benson Henderson.

God as we know Him, as someone "human shaped", that decides, judges, has preferences, takes revenge, etc, is just a human construction.

It is the eternity, the supreme divine intelligence, beyond time, that becomes a body and dis-becomes once he finds Himself again.

God is inside you and me, and outside of you and me, just like if you were a branch of a tree or a bubble of a lake.