Group B - Wales (Q), England (Q), Slovakia (Q), Russia

Wullie

Walker was decent going forward but he had a few occasions at the back early on when he showed some very English levels of defensive composure.

Yeah that's fair, although you could argue the same of the whole defence with regard to nerves.

Why is the Russia manager in trouble and in danger of missing the Wales game? :embarrassed:

P.S Rooney has been class in midfield but lalanna was motm

Uranium injection ?

Wasn't it a joke, based on how he was rocking back and forwards on the bench in the Slovakia game?

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine doing that shite celebration instead of going ape.

Aye, it's ridiculously contrived in that sort of situation. Tardelli>

Only just got home from work, we watched it there though. Just wanted to know if everyone like myself couldn't understand why Walker wouldn't cross a ball?

It was bizarre..

The same could be said of Rose, both wanted to beat their man 2-3 times instead of passing, very much like Milner and Parker were for NUFC.

Only just got home from work, we watched it there though. Just wanted to know if everyone like myself couldn't understand why Walker wouldn't cross a ball?

It was bizarre..

I didn't think he was particularly guilty on this count tbh. Often he received the ball out wide but was well covered, so he wasn't set very well to cross with any purpose. Moving it out to him in space was a bit slow, but he put the ball in where he could IMO.

It'll interesting to see what happens when they're up against better players who will pin Rose and Walker back, but at the moment the team looks just about right to me.

This is it. Obviously we play in such a way to compensate for our lack of wingers; flood the middle of the pitch, give the full-backs acres of room, dominate possession. It works against the opposition we've faced so far, and it's only a shite sub and a switch-off that sees us with four points instead of six.

But there's gonna come a time where Rose and Walker aren't afforded that amount of space, and the whole gameplan goes out the window; with no wingers on the bench to take the heat off em and change things up. It'll be our undoing.

We're going to be repeating this on the night we go out, I've no doubt.

It'll interesting to see what happens when they're up against better players who will pin Rose and Walker back, but at the moment the team looks just about right to me.

This is it. Obviously we play in such a way to compensate for our lack of wingers; flood the middle of the pitch, give the full-backs acres of room, dominate possession. It works against the opposition we've faced so far, and it's only a s**** sub and a switch-off that sees us with four points instead of six.

But there's gonna come a time where Rose and Walker aren't afforded that amount of space, and the whole gameplan goes out the window; with no wingers on the bench to take the heat off em and change things up. It'll be our undoing.

We're going to be repeating this on the night we go out, I've no doubt.

At the same time though we only won due to good subs, two of which should be starting IMO. I don't think the starting team is right, majority of the team that ended that game is fine though.

Rooney looks rejuvenated in midfield imo. Easily the best that I've seen him play for England in years. I thought that he was being shoe-horned in because of who he is, but he's not only a much more worthy starter in that position than he would be up front, but he's a worthy starter in that position full stop. The chemistry that they have with him in there is very good imo. Lallana looks like the player people thought he was and the full backs provide the width. It'll interesting to see what happens when they're up against better players who will pin Rose and Walker back, but at the moment the team looks just about right to me. I'd perhaps take Kane or Sterling out, but no one has been terrible.

think its popular to hate Rooney, but I think hes done well this tournament so far, hes one of them players, if he was with another country we would be like- ooh look how good he is, wish we had a player like that.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd have the same team that finished the game but Lallana for Rashford

Really? Lallana's been one of the best players in both games imo. Him, Rooney, Rose and Walker have really stood out.

Really? Lallana's been one of the best players in both games imo. Him, Rooney, Rose and Walker have really stood out.

He's saying he'd play Lallana over Rashford.

???

I've said I want Lallana to start

Guest firetotheworks

Rooney looks rejuvenated in midfield imo. Easily the best that I've seen him play for England in years. I thought that he was being shoe-horned in because of who he is, but he's not only a much more worthy starter in that position than he would be up front, but he's a worthy starter in that position full stop. The chemistry that they have with him in there is very good imo. Lallana looks like the player people thought he was and the full backs provide the width. It'll interesting to see what happens when they're up against better players who will pin Rose and Walker back, but at the moment the team looks just about right to me. I'd perhaps take Kane or Sterling out, but no one has been terrible.

think its popular to hate Rooney, but I think hes done well this tournament so far, hes one of them players, if he was with another country we would be like- ooh look how good he is, wish we had a player like that.

Hmm, I don't think I would be like. He's been crap for England in tournaments after 2004 imo and I don't think there's any getting away from that. He's been the stand out player for us in this one though.

Hmm, I don't think I would be like. He's been crap for England in tournaments after 2004 imo and I don't think there's any getting away from that. He's been the stand out player for us in this one though.

well , I was talking about him in this tournament tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

well , I was talking about him in this tournament tbh.

:thup: In that case, yeah I definitely would be.

Hart seems very nervous for all the shouting he does, the error today & kicking it off smallings back last week. He dropped a ball in the box today also.

Needs to get it together.

His good when England has the ball, but really rubbish defending. Dier is compensating that, but it's not like Rooney has suddenly turned to Pirlo. But he seems more effective playing deeper.