Group E - Italy (Q), Belgium (Q), Ireland (Q), Swe - ITA 0-1 IRL | SWE 0-1 BEL

Wullie

Carrasco is a class winger too. Given their lack of width they should use him more. Heck, I wish Spain had stolen him given that he's half Spanish and we lack direct and skillful wingers.

But yeah, it's undeniable Belgium has a lots of class (yes, there are unbalances, but pretty much all NTs have unbalanced squads) and they should be doing much better than they are. And that should fall on the lap of the manager.

Carrasco is a class winger too. Given their lack of width they should use him more. Heck, I wish Spain had stolen him given that he's half Spanish and we lack direct and skillful wingers.

But yeah, it's undeniable Belgium has a lots of class (yes, there are unbalances, but pretty much all NTs have unbalanced squads) and they should be doing much better than they are. And that should fall on the lap of the manager.

Aye. This.

Still reckon they get to the semi's.

Disagree, manager is s*** but to say the players aren't the problem is far too simplified and is taking attention away from the fact they don't have that great of a team.

All their players are overrated as s*** :lol:. They don't have a single good playmaking CM or decent DM, no good fullbacks, Lukaku has like a 1 in 5 record at international level and most of their CBs are poor defenders but get hyped because they can score. ( the Spurs ones deficiencies get hidden because Pochettino is so good at protecting them)

There's just zero balance or changes of pace in this team and as alluded to they lack goal threat, yet somehow they are treated as some amazing team. Not to mention Hazard has hardly had a big match great performance in his career really( only one i can think of is against City when Demichelis played in midfield :lol: ), De Bruyne is probably their best player and even he isn't of the level required.

The rest are nowhere near as good as advertised and especially not good enough to make them a legitimate international threat.

Come on man. Nainggolan is sought after by the biggest clubs in the world, Alderweireld is maybe the best centre back in the EPL, Dembele had an amazing season and Lukaku just wrapped up a 25 goal season with a pretty meh Everton side. And that's leaving out the likes of Courtois, de Bruyne, Hazard, Batshuayi etc. It's a great group of players no matter how you look at it - however they've clearly not moulded into a team and that's the problem.

Can't believe what I've read from Mole there :lol: As you've rightly said, Nainggolan is quality and it's for that reason he's being looked at by the clubs he is. I'm not sure why you think they need a 'proper playmaking CM' when they have Hazard & De Bruyne in their team and Witsel is a quality CM both attacking and defensively.

Also, De Bruyne not of the level required? :lol: He'd walk into nearly NT going man, what on earth are you talking about? Hazard hasn't had a great season but over the last few weeks he finally got going and there's no denying he's one of the best players in the world. Top and bottom of the issue is that Belgium have a team full of individual quality with some of the best players about, but as a collective team they simply appear to just not function well, which is primarily down to the manager and his system.

Italy have probably the best defence in the tournament, that alone should see them go far. Add on top of that all their experience and them all being comfortable with the system and gameplan and they are definitely in contention.

Just depends if the teams with better attacking options can gel a bit more over the next few games.

If Belgium start Mertens and/or Carrasco they'll improve a mile, as they did when they came on last night

The manager is over his head. And he has no system.

He's actually got less experience than John Carver.  He's done nothing to earn that job, and even less to keep it.

Belgium are rubbish.

Called it pre-tournament and got a load of s*** for it [emoji38]

You got a load of s*** because you said their squad wasn't great which isn't true. Belgium were good once they made the subs

Said Lukaku has 3 in 6 months, shown nowt to reiterate the hype. Was s**** today.

Said Hazard was s**** this season. Was s**** today.

Alderwiereld & Vertonghen are top defenders. De Bruyne is class.

After that, it's a load of good to just above 'good' players, nowt special

Hazard was good in the second half IMO. De Bruyne was about a million times worse. Mertens and Carrasco are very good players, Dembele is very good and should be starting. Courtois is class. The manager is the problem not the players

Disagree, manager is s*** but to say the players aren't the problem is far too simplified and is taking attention away from the fact they don't have that great of a team.

All their players are overrated as s*** :lol:. They don't have a single good playmaking CM or decent DM, no good fullbacks, Lukaku has like a 1 in 5 record at international level and most of their CBs are poor defenders but get hyped because they can score. ( the Spurs ones deficiencies get hidden because Pochettino is so good at protecting them)

There's just zero balance or changes of pace in this team and as alluded to they lack goal threat, yet somehow they are treated as some amazing team. Not to mention Hazard has hardly had a big match great performance in his career really( only one i can think of is against City when Demichelis played in midfield :lol: ), De Bruyne is probably their best player and even he isn't of the level required.

The rest are nowhere near as good as advertised and especially not good enough to make them a legitimate international threat.

Come on man. Nainggolan is sought after by the biggest clubs in the world, Alderweireld is maybe the best centre back in the EPL, Dembele had an amazing season and Lukaku just wrapped up a 25 goal season with a pretty meh Everton side. And that's leaving out the likes of Courtois, de Bruyne, Hazard, Batshuayi etc. It's a great group of players no matter how you look at it - however they've clearly not moulded into a team and that's the problem.

All of those things are irrelevant.

Dembele had an amazing season in the PL for Spurs standards, he's not good enough to be the best or one of CM of a team looking to win a international tournament. Nainggolan sought after the biggest clubs in the world? says who he's not THAT level. Alderweireld being the best CB in the PL is also pretty irrelevant considering it's a different standard and Spurs do a great job of protecting their back 4 and Lukaku's PL record considering how bad he's been in his international career is also pretty irrelevant.

When i look at a football team i look for a few things.

Does it have a reliable back 4? does it have a DM who can protect said defence?, does it have pace in wide areas to open up space for the central players and give delivery to the strikers? Does it have a reliable goal threat? does it have a passer from deep who can open up chances for others?

This Belgium team doesn't really have any of that, it's a poorly balanced team full of weaknesses and most people just list the names of their individuals ( who to be frank are mostly if not all overhyped anyway) without considering how it fits together as a team and you are delusional if you think changing managers will magically turn them into the team that people expect of them.

Can't believe what I've read from Mole there :lol: As you've rightly said, Nainggolan is quality and it's for that reason he's being looked at by the clubs he is. I'm not sure why you think they need a 'proper playmaking CM' when they have Hazard & De Bruyne in their team and Witsel is a quality CM both attacking and defensively.

Also, De Bruyne not of the level required? :lol: He'd walk into nearly NT going man, what on earth are you talking about? Hazard hasn't had a great season but over the last few weeks he finally got going and there's no denying he's one of the best players in the world. Top and bottom of the issue is that Belgium have a team full of individual quality with some of the best players about, but as a collective team they simply appear to just not function well, which is primarily down to the manager and his system.

They still need a CM to get them the ball in good areas, otherwise they'll constantly be coming deep to get the ball like Ben Arfa used to be forced to do for us. What i mean De Bruyne not being of the level required is he's not good enough to be the best player on the a team looking to win an international tournament and he is their best player but De Bruyne as your best player isn't cutting it.

You can all disagree with me if you want, that's your prerogative but i think you'll constantly be disappointed by them if you believe they are good enough to contend for this tournament if they got rid of Wilmots. Don't get me wrong he's fucking useless, but there's a lot more issues with this team than just him being an inept fool.