Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Sorry Guv. Can’t really tell any difference apart from the early one. The 80’s one brings back “rivers of piss” nostalgia. Perhaps it’s slower as everyone was drunk and slurring?

ps Are you really an orchestra conductor as per your Twitter pic?

34 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I’ve cut these together for you @RS. A clip from the 70s, two from the 80s and one from the 90s in there - all sound infinitely better than it does today. 

I’m sure there’s a appetite for it, it just needs a bit more plugging imo!

Boro away in the league cup under Keegan what fucking support that night. We we’re loud as fuck and relentless for the 90 mins.

Edited by Whitley mag

12 minutes ago, RS said:

Sorry Guv. Can’t really tell any difference apart from the early one. The 80’s one brings back “rivers of piss” nostalgia. Perhaps it’s slower as everyone was drunk and slurring?

ps Are you really an orchestra conductor as per your Twitter pic?

I think they all sound much more different than today. You can barely get the last two lines out without drawing a breath it’s that fast. Just my opinion of course.

No I’m not :lol: ‘Twas a photo from a ball I went to a good few years ago. Always quite liked the photo :D. I’ve updated it to one of me and KK from earlier this year - it needed an update in fairness!

Fast-forwarding through Blaydon Races to the extent that people don't join in has the added symptom of it being all but replaced by that droaning "ooooowzat team we call Yaniiiiiited" cringefest. Which also gets fast-forwarded. :lol:

41 minutes ago, jack j said:

Still singing the wrong words on them first 2 are they not. Or am I now programmed to hear the wrong words

I think it’s just repeats of the chorus after the initial first verse.

44 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Whats wrong with "Whos that theam we call united?" 

Blaydon Races needs sorted though. Weird how its fast forwarded over time like. 

Probably just me but I don't like it. "We all know how to fight" is very cringe imo. Massive percentages of the matchgoing support have spent the last decade or so passive as fuck, for starters. :lol:  Just to open that particular can of worms. 

Plus, like I say, droany/fast-forwardy. 

10 hours ago, RS said:

If anyone is seriously suggesting  an England style brass band to “enthuse” the fans they need their fucking heads shaken. 

it’s absolutely shite. 

I didn’t suggest an England style band.  I said a proper brass band before kick off. 

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Flipping love St James' under the lights. Taking my boy to his first night game tonight... hoping it's a special atmosphere.

Where you sitting ? Usually a special atmosphere on the night regardless mind