Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

What a shame the dickheads on the pitch evidently didn't respond to the show of support off it.

Imagine if Pardew was still manager.  "The flags put us off"

:lol: no doubt whatsoever he would have snuck that into his post-match interview.

Would have been something like "the crowd was exuberant tonight and sometimes that can go against you".

Surely possible some people thought they were free to take unless it was made clear on the day?

No, we were politely asking fans who were walking out with them at the end to hand them back, some did but nearly every member of the group had some sort of confontation, one of our group was told ' howay then,take it off me' ,I despair sometimes. There was a group of about 20 of us at the ground last night until dark and back today at 12.30. We are thinking of scaling it down a bit, it was a lot harder than we thought and to be honest we feel a bit deflated after the thefts, although i hope you all agree it did look stunning.

Surely possible some people thought they were free to take unless it was made clear on the day?

No, we were politely asking fans who were walking out with them at the end to hand them back, some did but nearly every member of the group had some sort of confontation, one of our group was told ' howay then,take it off me' ,I despair sometimes. There was a group of about 20 of us at the ground last night until dark and back today at 12.30. We are thinking of scaling it down a bit, it was a lot harder than we thought and to be honest we feel a bit deflated after the thefts, although i hope you all agree it did look stunning.

That's shocking craic,  absolutely shocking. How low can you get to steal a flag? What the hell are they going to do with them?

Dear me, that's atrocious. The mind boggles at these people.

Massive well done to those involved in the Gallowgate Flags today. Should be very proud of themselves and those who are able to help them should as it only takes a little of your time :thup:

It looked amazing mate. You lads should all be so proud of what you have achieved there. Absolutely disgusted that 80 or so people have disgraced themselves by stealing someone else's property.