Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Heron said:

In what sense do you mean? Single wavers or just on the whole, surfers, wavers, etc.? 

Might have it totally wrong like, but are there more flags than the ones that go out on match day? Just imagining how unreal it would be to have flags in every stand, just a sea of black and white flags everywhere.

6 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Would be great but people should bring black and white scarves too. There used to be a leaves flag group, but they were banned by the club under Ashley.

Need more fans to bring scarves - which wor flags did try to push the other day. 

It would be great to get the ground looking like this before KO.

newcastle-united-fans-zuwinken-ihre-scha

8 hours ago, kisearch said:

Might have it totally wrong like, but are there more flags than the ones that go out on match day? Just imagining how unreal it would be to have flags in every stand, just a sea of black and white flags everywhere.

No you're right, there are more flags, some need polling up and a lot probably need cleaning. However, there's only enough to bulk out the Gallowgate in terms of what we call 'wavers' at present.

We're trying to get it so that the Gallowgate is as 'dense' as possible without losing the capability to actually wave the flag. By people taking scarves this hopefully helps pad it out. :thup:

We have one or two issues at the moment and could do with some good weather and time to put things right, it's been pretty much non stop since the takeover. Once we reorganise and regroup we might be able to extend outwards with surfer flags as well as wavers :thup:

Edited by Heron

8 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

There was an attempt at a Leazes Flags in 2018-19 and that went not so well. :lol: It's best kept to just the Gallowgate imo.

That was a separate group whom we had some dealings with but not much. They didn't run that group the same we as we have and it didn't really take off. Ideally, the whole stadium would be flags galore, but what we really want is a culture where all fans do their bit, and then we just occasionally do 'the message' or something different. With Ashley, covid, bairns, and new work commitments the group is a bit thin at present and hence the attempts to get more fans doing there own individual piece :thup:

Any chance the club might let us put some flags up permanently? I know there’s “This is the Gallowgate!” at the back of the stand and there’s the SBR one in the corner that don’t appear to come down.

Something similar to Stamford Bridge? Just maybe a bit more “Get into them, fuck them up” rather than “Born is the King” :lol:

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Any chance the club might let us put some flags up permanently? I know there’s “This is the Gallowgate!” at the back of the stand and there’s the SBR one in the corner that don’t appear to come down.

Something similar to Stamford Bridge? Just maybe a bit more “Get into them, fuck them up” rather than “Born is the King” :lol:

We have some plans to 'dress' the stadium with flags over all exits, a olan for one along the corner and discussions need to be had regarding others aroubd the stadium. Great idea I think. :thup: perhaps over the summer there'll be mass change though so we may need to had our horses :)

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

We have some plans to 'dress' the stadium with flags over all exits, a olan for one along the corner and discussions need to be had regarding others aroubd the stadium. Great idea I think. :thup: perhaps over the summer there'll be mass change though so we may need to had our horses :)

Nice one!

I think it’s great that the new owners clear love the work you all do, definitely bodes well for getting things like this in place you’d think. 

Hopefully I can get my season ticket back for next year and if so, I’m happy to help yous out in any way. 

10 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Would be great but people should bring black and white scarves too. There used to be a leaves flag group, but they were banned by the club under Ashley.

Could send them out with season tickets instead of the pointless tat we usually get? Surely wouldn't cost much more.

Edited by GeordieDazzler

34 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Nice one!

I think it’s great that the new owners clear love the work you all do, definitely bodes well for getting things like this in place you’d think. 

Hopefully I can get my season ticket back for next year and if so, I’m happy to help yous out in any way. 

Sound mate, aye we're happy to have people we know and can trust join in with us like. Many hands make light work and all that. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...