Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

On 29/12/2021 at 08:56, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Any chance the club might let us put some flags up permanently? I know there’s “This is the Gallowgate!” at the back of the stand and there’s the SBR one in the corner that don’t appear to come down.

Something similar to Stamford Bridge? Just maybe a bit more “Get into them, fuck them up” rather than “Born is the King” :lol:

Please no super frankie lampard esque shite tho ETC

48 minutes ago, tommo said:

Remember those scarves tomorrow :indi:

As long as that lad with the long hair doesnt start waving flags in front of people on 80 mins again. Thought he was gonna get his head ripped off

6 hours ago, jack j said:

As long as that lad with the long hair doesnt start waving flags in front of people on 80 mins again. Thought he was gonna get his head ripped off

Bit cack when he did that during the Man Utd game. These things need to be organic.

Guest Biggsbond14

Random observation but do wor flags have to have a new one for every single game as they will probably need a aircraft hanger in two seasons time for storage, just seems like they have to have a statement every home game and I’m not against it btw just my input 

9 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Bit cack when he did that during the Man Utd game. These things need to be organic.

Depends on the culture and arrangement. It doesn't work in England because you have a mixed set of fans in all areas of the ground, by and large except for the occasional block or two. 

6 hours ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Random observation but do wor flags have to have a new one for every single game as they will probably need a aircraft hanger in two seasons time for storage, just seems like they have to have a statement every home game and I’m not against it btw just my input 

We're trying to balance this at present. We have new equipment we're trying to familiarise with at present and hence the printed banners, but this also ties in with the many messages we want to give as the season progresses and develops.

The intention is to have a 'base' level though and achieve a 'minimal work/maximum output balance' and there's now a larger focus on attempting to be leaner in terms of reducing waste materials and time.

We genuinely appreciate all the donations we receive and are occasionally overhwelmed by it so we're considering methods to give people the best value for money and also give us more free time back to ourselves.

Some of the large surfers are a good way to reduce man hours and will look to be used but we also need a few repairs and hence their lack of use recently, but we are keen to keep things fresh too.

It's all just a giant balancing act, and it is often unbalanced one way or another, but thankfully we seem to have the trust of the fanbase and the club, and tend to strike the right tone with a lot of people. Hopefully that continues... 

5 hours ago, Heron said:

Depends on the culture and arrangement. It doesn't work in England because you have a mixed set of fans in all areas of the ground, by and large except for the occasional block or two. 

Never going to be easy with our lot, regardless, just got to keep going and eventually people will get it.

40 minutes ago, Decky said:

What’s the story with the Brazil flag? Full blown Joelinton party? :lol: 

We felt like many other fans he does deserves a pat on the back given the shit he has previously received. It's all been a bit love/hate with him hasn't it? I think it's right though that he sees with good performances comes good reward. 

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

We felt like many other fans he does deserves a pat on the back given the shit he has previously received. It's all been a bit love/hate with him hasn't it? I think it's right though that he sees with good performances comes good reward. 

Absolutely love this idea! 

50 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Will the Joelinton flag be the center focus for the match today? Hope he'll be able to see it and drives him on even more today.

No, it won't, but it'll be out there. Discussions were had and there was a desire to go large for him but  the general consensus was one swallow doesn't make a summer and actually the priority is to back the whole team at present given the predicament we're in. The more fun or personal displays can wait for now. Don't want to sound too much like Grandmaster Flash but it's all about The Message at present. Last week wasn't good enough, in fact it was canny horrendous, but we're keen to show we're right behind them, today is a new day and we can, and must win.

And we will. 

Edited by Heron

The hard work these folk put in is overwhelming. The flags and messages are just spot on every time, right message , right time .

Genius , simply the best in Britain , so proud of you all .

Aye Wor Flags are the best like, I was quite emotional last weekend seeing the display, again they have been the best part of the whole Ashley era for me and them being back just makes everything that bit more special even when the team are losing. 

For the first time last week I wasn't involved with the display, and sat elsewhere in the ground and I genuinely found it quite moving. I think it's because I didn't have an appreciation for the joy it brings, we're normally panicking and stressing at 14:30 through to 15:10 so it was weird to get the feelings others get. Also, with taking a stance vs Ashley and that I'm normally shouting and balling and don't really take in what it means to be back. It all just came flooding back. I looked at the Gallowgate and thought "Cambridge must see this and think 'fuck me this is a serious club'" so much so they beat us :lol:

But aye. Lush man. (Not to blow our own trumpet :lol:

Edited by Heron

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

For the first time last week I wasn't involved with the display, and sat elsewhere in the ground and I genuinely found it quite moving. I think it's because I didn't have an appreciation for the joy it brings, we're normally panicking and stressing at 14:30 through to 15:10 so it was weird to get the feelings others get. Also, with taking a stance vs Ashley and that I'm normally shouting and balling and don't really take in what it means to be back. It all just came flooding back. I looked at the Gallowgate and thought "Cambridge must see this and think 'fuck me this is a serious club'" so much so they beat us :lol:

But aye. Lush man. (Not to blow our own trumpet :lol:

Visually and RE the atmosphere, it’s awe inspiring and the manager, owners and players must or should look and think fucking hell, we’ve got some club here. Imagine this all around the stadium, that should be the aim long-term and probably where the club could step in and help, I appreciate logistically, cost wise and take up wise that would be really difficult, but Wor Flags have shown even in these shitty times of a relegation fight with a shit team what and how a display and atmosphere can bring to the whole club. Long may they continue and grow!

Edited by HTT II