Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

One of those flags with Monty Magpie on it looked like it was covering the whole stand. It was like everyone in that part of the ground was holding it up. Had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

I'm not kidding you, they have that gallowgate surfer operation slick as fuck!

ย 

Mesmerized at how quick they sent it back down to the botton of the stand, really stellar work by the people behind WF and even the fans who participate in the displays.

ย 

You're doing god's work.

These lads and lasses are absolute legends, it can't be said enough. Was immense being under that surfer last night, and seeing the flags at the opposite end was a nice change.

ย 

I'm off to donate a bit more.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

I'm not kidding you, they have that gallowgate surfer operation slick as fuck!

ย 

Mesmerized at how quick they sent it back down to the botton of the stand, really stellar work by the people behind WF and even the fans who participate in the displays.

ย 

You're doing god's work.

Aye, itโ€™s impressive how quickly it shoots up and then is passed back down. Absolutely stinks when youโ€™re standing under it mind :lol:

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Aye, itโ€™s impressive how quickly it shoots up and then is passed back down. Absolutely stinks when youโ€™re standing under it mind :lol:

ย 

Aye I betย [emoji38]

ย 

The fact that fans participate and miss the player entrance is magic like. Could imagine some being pissed their view is blocked.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Aye you wouldย think it could at least be taken down the launderette.......ย 

I honestly think the atmosphere last night helped throw Everton off and spur us on, a flat atmosphere and itย could have ended 1-1 or in a defeat. Wor Flags again, are the best thing to have happened to our club in the last 14 years even above Rafa, because unlike him, they are here to stay and will have an even bigger impact on the direct future of our club. Wait until we win something one day, my godโ€ฆ

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It was brilliant to see some flags in the Leazes, the atmosphere was noticeably better than normal. Makes it feel like it's not just a Gallowgate thing.ย 

ย 

I was in the Leazes with my lad and he's been pestering me to get tickets in the Gallowgate because of the flagsย (I usually go with my Dad and I think he's a bit too old to be in there), he was absolutely buzzing to be waving a flag in the Leazes last night.

ย 

Coupled with the win and I think he's on the way to getting the bug.

Edited by Sima

Class. Remember them on about when they got the big surfer out in one of the games earlier this season and it went straight up then back down. Were there designated holders of it on the back row or summit cos it stayed up ages yesterday ha

Looked mint from my seat in the corner

Has there been any communication between Wor Flags and the club about integrating it more into the stadium? In so much as not having to be held up by supporters but connecting it to the roof and just a quick pull up and pull down?

ย 

Like how they do in Portland:

ย 

timbers-tifo.jpg

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Has there been any communication between Wor Flags and the club about integrating it more into the stadium? In so much as not having to be held up by supporters but connecting it to the roof and just a quick pull up and pull down?

ย 

ย 

timbers-tifo.jpg

Woah, this new fangledย technology, letโ€™s sort the wheelie bins out first man!

Fucking love those epic big flags, you guys are doing fantastic work.

ย 

Reminded me of when I was watching Poland - Russiaย during Euro 2012 and the Ruskis somehow smuggled the biggest flag I have ever seen into the stadium

ย 

article-2158272-1393C9D3000005DC-771_634

Edited by Ridman

On 31/01/2022 at 21:53, mighty__mag said:

ย 

I DM'dย them on Twitter,ย I mentioned yourself, from on here, incase they say anything to you,ย [emoji38]

Sound mate. Apologies I kinda pick these things up then forget (I'm a bit of a procrastinator :lol: ) has anyone been back in touch

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Class. Remember them on about when they got the big surfer out in one of the games earlier this season and it went straight up then back down. Were there designated holders of it on the back row or summit cos it stayed up ages yesterday ha

Looked mint from my seat in the corner

Members of the group went along the front to advise those at the bottom of what to do and likewise I ran up the top and spoke to those on the back 5 rows about 15mins before kick off. Everyone was very receptive which was fantastic. Only one guy on the front row who seemingly wanted me to burst into flames.

3 hours ago, cubaricho said:

ย 

ย 

timbers-tifo.jpg

There has been. We're just awaiting feefback from the club. We already have a few designs we're holding back for that too :thup: good suggestionย