Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

DIdn't get the Isaak banner at kick off but did get this at half time. 

20220903_155214.jpg

Is that Sam Fender?

Edit: Clicked it enlarged, class that and I imagine a few mackems will be fewming even more now!

Edited by HTT II

Just thinking, could we have a flag for each player, really long, but narrow, a bit like the graphics you see on the starting line ups. Then maybe they could be raised in synchronicity with the team announcement.

Maybe that's a bit overly ceremonial. But I think it would be canny to have every players flag being waved as thy enter the pitch. Just the starting eleven, not every player.

Edited by Happinesstan

12 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Just thinking, could we have a flag for each player, really long, but narrow, a bit like the graphics you see on the starting line ups. Then maybe they could be raised in synchronicity with the team announcement.

Maybe that's a bit overly ceremonial. But I think it would be canny to have every players flag being waved as thy enter the pitch. Just the starting eleven, not every player.

Said this to a friend yesterday, though we'd obviously need a vertical banner for each player. My thought was to have them spread out all the way along from Leazes along east stand to the gallowgate, though you could probably fit them all on the east stand. Probably more of a long term thing once we get more player banners. 

Seen this idea on Twitter - would be great if something could be organised for West Ham away re VAR and the decisions that have went against us the West Ham this weekend. 

Be good to get some unity with their fans 

Just now, Adam said:

Said this to a friend yesterday, though we'd obviously need a vertical banner for each player. My thought was to have them spread out all the way along from Leazes along east stand to the gallowgate, though you could probably fit them all on the east stand. Probably more of a long term thing once we get more player banners. 

Yeah, something simple was my initial thought, just eleven flag poles with the starting eleven, fluttering in the wind, could be impressive. Obvious time restraints with the team being announced only an hour before kick off, but if there was somewhere that they could remain during the course of the match...

Dunno, probably a good idea, but unworkable in practice.

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Seen this idea on Twitter - would be great if something could be organised for West Ham away re VAR and the decisions that have went against us the West Ham this weekend. 

Be good to get some unity with their fans 

Not a chance. Tribalism will always prevail. 

Where did the idea for the beer come from then?

How did you wind up thinking about a collab for a beer, and how did you end up at anarchy?

It's a great way to raise money whilst also giving something decent back to fans for me:thup:

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

It's a good idea :thup: we've been discussing similar recently and one of the lads has drafted some slightly more generic designs. However, the idea of raising them as the players are named is a good idea that hasn't yet been discussed, I'll feed that back, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah, something simple was my initial thought, just eleven flag poles with the starting eleven, fluttering in the wind, could be impressive. Obvious time restraints with the team being announced only an hour before kick off, but if there was somewhere that they could remain during the course of the match...

Dunno, probably a good idea, but unworkable in practice.

It's achievable, we'd just put all the flags out and then get in to the stadium early and leave those not named in the team down. :thup:

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Where did the idea for the beer come from then?

How did you wind up thinking about a collab for a beer, and how did you end up at anarchy?

It's a great way to raise money whilst also giving something decent back to fans for me:thup:

This will likely be answered in the coming days via a certain social media videographer (?) 😉

3 hours ago, STM said:

@Heronwor Flags going to prepare something in tribute to madge?

There's discussions in the group, but the feeling is mixed with regards to the royal family and so I suspect it'll either be low key or not at all.

Personally, I am in favour. Elisabeth didn't bring the sword.