Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

16 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Any scope for getting banners draped from L7? I noticed the Eddie Howe’s black and white army one in the L7 corner.

It’d be class to have similar going all the way round (nee shite like “Born is the king” like at Stamford Bridge) but appreciate they might cover corporate sponsor logs in some parts.

Like one of Sir Bobby or KK's quotes?

Would there be any chance of using some of the older flags on the exterior of SJP and also, maybe stretching it but I remember one of the original flags draping The Strawberry and maybe The Three Bulls (possibly The Hotspur), so have some of the flags that have been used inside, have them around the City so it feels even more like the whole place is involved, like every home game a festival.

On 08/08/2022 at 13:52, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Any scope for getting banners draped from L7? I noticed the Eddie Howe’s black and white army one in the L7 corner.

It’d be class to have similar going all the way round (nee shite like “Born is the king” like at Stamford Bridge) but appreciate they might cover corporate sponsor logs in some parts.

There's a lot of small advertising we cannot cover bur we do already have plans in place for other elements. 

On 08/08/2022 at 14:09, madras said:

Would there be any chance of using some of the older flags on the exterior of SJP and also, maybe stretching it but I remember one of the original flags draping The Strawberry and maybe The Three Bulls (possibly The Hotspur), so have some of the flags that have been used inside, have them around the City so it feels even more like the whole place is involved, like every home game a festival.

Think this has been mentioned with one pub in particular recently but definitely worth us expanding upon. 

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Think this has been mentioned with one pub in particular recently but definitely worth us expanding upon. 

I'd have thought the Black and White Bull would be game, then others on the walk ways to the game, Strawberry natch, , Newcastle arms/Rosies, the Percy Street Pubs, that one by the Monument, just a shame the Bridge Hotel is at the end of the High Level and not the King Eddy for those visiting from the South.

31 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd have thought the Black and White Bull would be game, then others on the walk ways to the game, Strawberry natch, , Newcastle arms/Rosies, the Percy Street Pubs, that one by the Monument, just a shame the Bridge Hotel is at the end of the High Level and not the King Eddy for those visiting from the South.

I think you might enjoy something that's set to come :thup:

On 08/08/2022 at 08:09, madras said:

Interior of SJP could work too. Don't know for sure but looks like it he concourses could still use some color.

3 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Interior of SJP could work too. Don't know for sure but looks like it he concourses could still use some color.

Again, an exacellent idea and something that's been mentioned before. Really appreciate the ideas lads/lasses :thup: We won't have thought or tried everything so anything yous think is a good use of old flags or is beneficial to the matchday experience

One thing about the Nina Simone flag I noticed. They showed it on Match of the Day, it was the headline in the Times, the Athletic podcast titled their episode with it and used it over the highlights. So now Wor Flags are not only getting the crowd going on match day, they’re setting the conversational tone after the game as well. That is pretty good going. And such a fucking tune too. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Nah but whatever it is, it will be much better than that absolutely lifting patter.

1y33whwu6vs51.png

Edited by HTT II