Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

There have been some very grim and humiliating times to be a Newcastle fan, but that would top the lot.

We shouldn't make any reference to it whatsoever. In a week's time it will be old news and look even more pathetic. 

"Grim" and "humiliating" celebrating our greatest ever monarch. 

I'm not even a monarchist but the anti-monarchy tripe over the last few days, is even worse than the pro-monarchist sycophantic rhetoric.

Is no-one else on this forum middle of road? Happy enough to doff the cap to the old bird, whilst also understanding that an old school monarchy has no place in the modern world?

I'm sure something with a nice balance could be done at SJP that's respectful without being over the top. I'm sure the far left morons will look at this as some sort of nod towards human rights abuses of the British Empire. Can't have anything normal these days without the virtue signalling brigade rock up to tell you what you didn't know about British history.

Just now, STM said:

I'm not even a monarchist but the anti-monarchy tripe over the last few days, is even worse than the pro-monarchist sycophantic rhetoric.

Is no-one else on this forum middle of road? Happy enough to doff the cap to the old bird, whilst also understanding that an old school monarchy has no place in the modern world?

I'm sure something with a nice balance could be done at SJP that's respectful without being over the top. I'm sure the far left morons will look at this as some sort of nod towards human rights abuses of the British Empire. Can't have anything normal these days without the virtue signalling brigade rock up to tell you what you didn't know about British history.

How do you define greatest ? Longest lasting certainly but did she ride into battle ? Lead the country politically. 

We really need a Monarchy top trumps to sort this out.

She'll get a respectful silence. No doubt a spontaneous rendition of God Save the Queen (bit late like) followed by one of God Save the King is all that's needed.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

A two minute silence would be appropriate, but making people sing God save the King would too far for me. If individuals want to bring union jacks then they are welcome to. I have no strong feelings for the monarchy so will do my own thing as a mark of respect, the issue over the past days and coming weeks is that those who do care are getting outraged that others aren't showing "respect". 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

pointing out human rights abuses = virtue signalling 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, I’d love that.  I’m sure my other half is starting to worry about how dreamy-eyed I get when I’m talking about Trippier.  She just thinks he’s a bloody good full back.  She just doesn’t understand :) 

:lol: Oh, ok so this isn't weird? I was worried it was just me.

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

pointing out human rights abuses = virtue signalling 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Found one. I definitely think if you can't have a conversation about the royal family without mentioning something that happened a long time ago, you are almost certainly virtue signalling.

The funny thing about history is that good AND bad things happened. It's a hard concept to grasp.

Edited by STM

5 hours ago, Heron said:

We are planning something for Brentford which won't feature the Queen (at present)

That makes sense, if you're going to use the Queen at all I wouldn't feature her at present, it would be much better to use a picture of her when she was alive. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

A two minute silence would be appropriate, but making people sing God save the King would too far for me. If individuals want to bring union jacks then they are welcome to. I have no strong feelings for the monarchy so will do my own thing as a mark of respect, the issue over the past days and coming weeks is that those who do care are getting outraged that others aren't showing "respect". 

I wouldn't even expect it to be made to happen. Spontaneous like at West Ham and those that want to join in can. (I'll be challenging all those uber royalist to belt out the other verses so get learning).

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Found one. I definitely think if you can't have a conversation about the royal family without mentioning something that happened a long time ago, you are almost certainly virtue signalling.

The funny thing about history is that good AND bad things happened. It's a hard concept to grasp.

Wtf are you on about? You mentioned the dark past not me. 

Tit. 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

This is bollocks. Stop using stupid internet terms if you are actually interested in discussing the topic. 

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

It's 6 on one and half a dozen on the other. 

17 minutes ago, STM said:

People are not advocating that we burn an effigy of her before kick off, they just don’t think we should be going out of our way to celebrate her. That’s the most middle of the road opinion possible. 

The more I think on it the more I want Wor Flags to steer well clear. It’s not worth the arse ache. It’ll be out of mind by the time we play Brentford. Leave that shite to Rangers.

12 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:spit: Someone portraying himself as the "King of Northumbria" supporting the monarchy. Oh, the irony.

I'm all for god save the king if God is taken as being Kevin Keegan and the king is Eddie Howe.

Didn't Northumbria have it's own king?