Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

26 minutes ago, Adam said:

If it gives us one verse of the Blaydon races that isn't at 200 BPM then its worth it. 

Best I've ever heard it is 0:44 onwards here, after the 1974 FA Cup final. Hope to hear it like that but after a cup win this weekend. 

24 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Best I've ever heard it is 0:44 onwards here, after the 1974 FA Cup final. Hope to hear it like that but after a cup win this weekend. 

Every fucking fan going down should watch that video of Hillsborough and Hughes going up to lift the cup.

Fucking spine tingling and everything this club and it’s supporters are about.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

class video that. Even there the Blaydon Races seems to get sung quicker everytime. 

I’ll be starting as much ‘rogue’ stuff as I can in Trafalgar Square on Saturday night.

Get it right there, and it’ll be taken into the ground.

Takeover Night, I left SJP after 2 hours or so after finishing my cans and went to the Strawberry. I’d been there from just before it was announced, and I must have heard the same 6 songs on repeat for 2 hours. Can’t blame the young lads, they’ve probably never heard the songs tbf. But they need to be educated and they need to WANT to be. A lot of my education was having a ST next to the Toon Ultras and travelling on away buses as a young lad (14+). 

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We all drink whisky and Newcastle Brown, the Geordie Boys are in town, nah, nah, nah. 

completely forgotten the start of that one mind.

We are the pride of the country

the cock of the north

we all hate Sunderland and Boro of course

[AND LEEDS!]
We all drink whiskey …

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We are the pride of the country

the cock of the north

we all hate Sunderland and Boro of course

[AND LEEDS!]
We all drink whiskey …

We are the Geordies

The cock of the North

We all hate sunlind and Boro, of course

We all drink whisky and Newcastle Brown

The Newcastle Boys are in town.

Is how it was sung when I was amongst it still.

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That’s it, used to start it with We are the Geordies the Cock of the North when I sang it

6 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

We are the Geordies

The cock of the North

To be fair, I don’t doubt that there are more than two versions of it - most of the times I remember it is on away trips in the ‘90s and ‘00s - usually pubs / coaches only.  I think the ‘we are the pride of …’ is the bit which most clubs who use the song sing (I’m sure I’ve heard the Mancs sing it, Villa too)

11 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

We are the Geordies

The cock of the North

This one is still sang now in strawberry corner.

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

NB ‘drink, drink’ is a fucking great song.  Replaced by that fuckawful ‘don’t take me home’ shite

Don't really get what so good about songs about getting pissed and being "drunk and disorderly"

First NUFC songs I was ever told as a kid by my dad were the Terry Hibbitt on the wing song, "Hallelujah John Tudor" and "N and an E and a W, C...".

Slightly annoying how we never bring out the old songs at games. Has happened a couple times this season about old players, remember singing the Andy Cole song down at Fulham. Should happen more.

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Don't really get what so good about songs about getting pissed and being "drunk and disorderly"

I’m teetotal these days (despite the handle) and I still like the song.  Drinking songs are as old as drinking.  It strikes me as a bit po-faced to frown at it - the song isn’t meant to be literally true.