Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I actually like Adam P and that horrific flag is an example of why. I cannot even tell where the line is between him being a massive wind up and an absolute gimp anymore [emoji38]

The more flags the better, there'll obviously be some cringe amongst them but it's a small price to pay for everyone getting involved.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

9 hours ago, huss9 said:

gonna cringe as soon as the "shearer turned you down" chants start.

agreed so small time, i bet none of them really give a shit.

They'll sing about him first

And to be fair on the cringe stakes nowt beats that cunt outside OT at their Munich thing

Dear me

8 hours ago, NE28 said:

I feel like there’s definitely a difference between some knacker taking a stupid flag down to Wembley that 99% of people will never see and some daft cunt decked out in black and white punching a police horse on video that makes national news on derby day.

Of course there is, I'm just making a point. That for the most part it's about personal preference and as soon as it's something you don't personally like, suddenly it's not about being needlessly offended or whatever, it's valid.

There's also an irony about people whinging about people whinging when often they're just giving an opinion.

Everyone's a hypocrite basically 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Of course there is, I'm just making a point. That for the most part it's about personal preference and as soon as it's something you don't personally like, suddenly it's not about being needlessly offended or whatever, it's valid.

There's also an irony about people whinging about people whinging when often they're just giving an opinion.

Everyone's a hypocrite basically 

Nah mate it just gets tiring. We're 4th iin the League, off to the cup final and rather than embracing it you've got folk moaning cos they don't like the flags, moaning because they don't like the songs, don't like the DJ etc honestly it's just never ending and its all just trivial shite as well. I appreciate its just social media as you don't hear all.this out in the real world but even so. Anyway here's a nice selection of flags to cheer you up....

48 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think if you're putting the excitement of what's going on at the club on the same level as those things, then you're not looking at it right tbh. I doubt anyone thinks it's ruining their good time :lol: 

You compared someone punching a horse to owning a shit flag yesterday so I'm not sure if "concept" is your strong point [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

You compared someone punching a horse to owning a shit flag yesterday so I'm not sure if "concept" is your strong point [emoji38]

Well I didn't 'compare' them at all, it was an example I used to make a wider point. It's not my fault that you're thick mate :lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Well I didn't 'compare' them at all, it was an example I used to make a wider point. It's not my fault that you're thick mate :lol:

Someone else pulled you up that, not me. Just stick to rimming the resident mackem on here. It's the only thing you're half decent at [emoji38]

I'm with Wallsend mag on this one. Whenever I hear people moan about the DJ or how blaydon races is sung or home atmosphere or flags that are cringey, I just wonder if some just like moaning.

Some of those flags aren't to my taste either but live and let live, they are harmless enough.

Once you've been to Wigan or Burnley away, you will be thankful of the club and fans we have... even if they are crackers.

Just now, STM said:

I'm with Wallsend mag on this one. Whenever I hear people moan about the DJ or how blaydon races is sung or home atmosphere or flags that are cringey, I just wonder if some just like moaning.

Some of those flags aren't to my taste either but live and let live, they are harmless enough.

Once you've been to Wigan or Burnley away, you will be thankful of the club and fans we have... even if they are crackers.

The NEWCASTLE UNITED font on the East Stand. Cracks me up the way some go on about that.

25 minutes ago, madras said:

The NEWCASTLE UNITED font on the East Stand. Cracks me up the way some go on about that.

Why?

Is a constant reminder of Mike Ashley and the Sports Direct Arena for many. 

I was working at the club for the Foundation the day it was taken down. Think I even posted a photo on the forum that day actually.  

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Why?

Is a constant reminder of Mike Ashley and the Sports Direct Arena for many. 

I was working at the club for the Foundation the day it was taken down. Think I even posted a photo on the forum that day actually.  

Because its a font. It's only a minor difference from the previous font and most I know who aren't on here don't even know the difference.

Just now, madras said:

Because it’s a font. It's only a minor difference from the previous font and most I know who aren't on here don't even know the difference.

Even without the connotations of Ashley, it looks considerably shitter imo. You can still see the ghost signage behind, as Ashley couldn’t even be arsed to clean the stand when replacing it. Nothing wrong with fans wanting to improve the aesthetics of the stadium. 

Interestingly, Eales seems happy to remove it after it came up in fan consultation.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Even without the connotations of Ashley, it looks considerably shitter imo. You can still see the ghost signage behind, as Ashley couldn’t even be arsed to clean the stand when replacing it. Nothing wrong with fans wanting to improve the aesthetics of the stadium. 

Interestingly, Eales seems happy to remove it after it came up in fan consultation.

Totally get what you mean re the ghost signage, just means the place needed a bloody good clean. That means as much as the actual font for me. It's only on here that I've known the font mentioned.

17 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Is there any special display for this weekend's game? I suggested a few months back, hoping for some kind of display for Keegan, seeing it is against Liverpool and a few days after his birthday.

scroll up.

Not sure how I feel about the club funding it to be honest.

Hope it’s a one-off as the initiative loses its independence as a result and hypothetically if anything were to go awry, there would be a lack of separation.