Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

34 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is there anything organised for Wembley or more just a bring your own? 

I think I read somewhere that …….

All baldy fans have to bring a scarf and wave it over their heads at 29mph

All gingers - Three foot flag with club badge and text saying Milk cup finalists 

All 6ft + fans have to wear Saudi strips and a beanie hat (no underwear)

Kids - old fashioned rattles and an NUFC pin badge to wave in the air 

old people -  (older than 62) have to paint their faces black n white and bring mints 

others - Need to be at the ground at 4.07 to play blaydon races with silver trumpets 

11 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I think I read somewhere that …….

All baldy fans have to bring a scarf and wave it over their heads at 29mph

All gingers - Three foot flag with club badge and text saying Milk cup finalists 

All 6ft + fans have to wear Saudi strips and a beanie hat (no underwear)

Kids - old fashioned rattles and an NUFC pin badge to wave in the air 

old people -  (older than 62) have to paint their faces black n white and bring mints 

others - Need to be at the ground at 4.07 to play blaydon races with silver trumpets 

I’m in! 

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

My view from the Platinum Clerb. Nice view, wouldn't ever swap it for my usual seat/old ST seat. Atmosphere was marginally better than I was expecting there but nowt like where I usually am.

6ZT8Be8.jpg

Was in the Platty a few times last season and it was surprisingly good atmosphere wise. Then again, so was everywhere last season. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Was in the Platty a few times last season and it was surprisingly good atmosphere wise. Then again, so was everywhere last season. 

Aye there were a few singing, thought it'd be just a corporate lite so surpassed those expectations at least. Also didn't get owt but the scran and pint choices were lightyears clear of other places I've sat in the ground, especially the East Stand which is where I usually am. Block L is where my usual seat is which has a great view but also gets all the atmosphere from the Corner and isn't full of miserable old gits like much of the rest of the stand. 

Also hated that I could see and hear more of the away fans. Worst sound and sight in the world when you concede.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye there were a few singing, thought it'd be just a corporate lite so surpassed those expectations at least. Also didn't get owt but the scran and pint choices were lightyears clear of other places I've sat in the ground, especially the East Stand which is where I usually am. Block L is where my usual seat is which has a great view but also gets all the atmosphere from the Corner and isn't full of miserable old gits like much of the rest of the stand. 

Also hated that I could see and hear more of the away fans. Worst sound and sight in the world when you concede.

Problem this season has been a lot of people coming for one match. I sit up in Row P with the Millburn suite (I think, its the bigger light leather seats) behind. Its always different people every game. Around me there are a a few ST holders, but I'd say 60% of the seats are match tickets. You do get some really supportive people, but plenty who are just there for the day out, aren't signing or getting behind the team. Interesting about the scran as I think the food is shit, though the queues to get it are far less than elsewhere. Just be glad you've been in when they're finally replaced the carpet after all those years! 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Problem this season has been a lot of people coming for one match. I sit up in Row P with the Millburn suite (I think, its the bigger light leather seats) behind. Its always different people every game. Around me there are a a few ST holders, but I'd say 60% of the seats are match tickets. You do get some really supportive people, but plenty who are just there for the day out, aren't signing or getting behind the team. Interesting about the scran as I think the food is shit, though the queues to get it are far less than elsewhere. Just be glad you've been in when they're finally replaced the carpet after all those years! 

Interesting on the different people for each game. Probably due to the prices, I certainly couldn't afford sitting there regularly. Was 67 quid for my ticket for last night and I certainly can't afford that regularly as a student.

Just the options for scran, used to only having hot dogs, Dickson's pies and naff burgers in my usual East Stand bit. The chicken bites, chips and curry sauce looked a hell of a far cry from that. :lol: Pints as well, only Carling and Caffrey's where I usually sit. Shite. No wonder I never spend owt in the ground.

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Was the Sir Bobby flag actually a Wor Flags flag? The design seemed a bit meh for them, presumed it was SBR Foundation supplied?

We worked with the foundation, the Athletic and others involved in the whole 'occasion' as part of a wider range of events/coverage :thup:

Club and country flags were made by yours truly.

Yeah, sorry but I can’t laugh at the ‘Moaty’ stuff.  He fucking murdered his ex’s new partner and hospitalised her before blinding a police officer for no reason whatsoever (that happened pretty much within sight of where I lived at that point).  There’s fuck all funny about the ironic veneration of a murdering cunt for me 

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, sorry but I can’t laugh at the ‘Moaty’ stuff.  He fucking murdered his ex’s new partner and hospitalised her before blinding a police officer for no reason whatsoever (that happened pretty much within sight of where I lived at that point).  There’s fuck all funny about the ironic veneration of a murdering cunt for me 

cunt should have gone the whole hog and put mary bell on it.

hope it gets nicked and burnt.

5 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Loved the Bobby display. Shame sky never gave it more than a few seconds. 

Yeah, they had it completely fill the frame too which totally reduced its sense of scale.

Not really sure about The Athletic promoting its podcast as part of the display either like, or am I just being a bit cynical? :-X

[/moaningbastard]