Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Have to plant my flag on the side of not caring what the name is, who runs it, who's having petty squabbles with who about it as long as they keep putting up some flags each game and the occasional spectacular.  When the flags have been shown on TV or in the media, do they even mention the name?  Or is it just "Newcastle fans show their support with huge Rafa banner"?  Think these guys are getting a disproportionate amount of grief over pretty trivial things when they've put a lot of work into what's been a fantastic project, and I don't want them to feel like packing it in because of some forum drama.

:clap:

Tbf I think the name change has been well enough recieved apart from half a dozen or so on here (who don't matter anyway) who enjoy getting their knickers in a twist over the most trivial of things.

'WE' obviously do matter though!

You might think you do but you'd be wrong to make that assumption. From what I've read, save for a few people on here, the enforced name change has been well received with it being incorporated under the Wor Hyem name which has had massive success in a very short space of time.

It's easy to stand there and criticise other people's hard work from a distance and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that if most of those on here who are criticising don't contribute towards the group anyway whether that be financially, helping set up displays or participating in the Gallowgate on a matchday.

I've never criticised anyone so...

Other than calling it a "naff name, fu*king s***" and saying "It's something you wouldn't personally bother with" due to the name  you are quite corrrect :lol:

The name is shite but I don’t think it will make any difference like. There’s a lot of things they could do to ‘boost the brand’ but going off what wor jackie and heza have said that isn’t really the plan. They want to just fly under the radar and make some flags :lol:

If donations dry up then they might have to take a different approach, but that won’t be because of the name. SackPardew needed to be taken seriously by the national media so naming was important.

Those flags really are stunning. Those guys have done a bloody great job, whatever they want to call themselves and we shouldn’t lose sight of that. The flags are classy and emotive, just absolutely perfect.  :clap:

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, that's a bit of an odd choice like. You'll run out of flags going into battles that lowly. It's a compliment to him that you're bothering with the irrelevant little weirdo.