Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

I think we needed a keeper at the time with the injuries and Krul's obvious departure.Unless you wanted another potential Jak Alnwick situation?

Isnt that exactly what we have with Sels in goal? :lol:

Aye, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think we needed a keeper at the time with the injuries and Krul's obvious departure. Unless you wanted another potential Jak Alnwick situation?

surely if that was the case though we could have brought in a keeper on loan rather than spunking away £5m.

5 million is nothing if we're expecting promotion. Maybe we couldn't find anyone to bring in on loan, who knows.

I hate everytime this guy takes ages to kick the ball when he gets a backpass from his team mates. Not only last night but he's been doing that often. Remember that Brighton player that got sent off for closing down on him? He just takes an eternity to get rid.

I hate everytime this guy takes ages to kick the ball when he gets a backpass from his team mates. Not only last night but he's been doing that often. Remember that Brighton player that got sent off for closing down on him? He just takes an eternity to get rid.

aye, nearly happened again last night.

• 1 month later...

Don't often agree with .com but agree he's not close to being good enough:

And as for our custodian, we will never progress in any competition that gives this absolute liability the chance to gift the opposition chances with his penchant for punching and flapping. 

Guest firetotheworks

I feel sorry for him tbh. Well paid and all of that, and undoubtedly at fault, but I don't like seeing people singled out to this extent when it's purely a case of them not being good enough, as opposed to lack of effort or cowardice. Definely best for all concerned that he starts fresh somewhere else, because putting him in the spotlight isn't doing him or us any favours.

This lad is an utter shambles.

Tragic we sent Krul away to make space for him.

I don't think we sent Krul away.  I think he wanted to play in a top level league so that he wouldn't hurt his chances of playing for the national side.

This lad is an utter shambles.

Tragic we sent Krul away to make space for him.

I don't think we sent Krul away.  I think he wanted to play in a top level league so that he wouldn't hurt his chances of playing for the national side.

David de Gea made a lot of mistakes in his first season in England. Man City's new keeper has dropped a few bollocks this season. I'm not saying Sels will ever be as good as any of them but we tend to write players off very quickly here.

:thup:

David de Gea made a lot of mistakes in his first season in England. Man City's new keeper has dropped a few bollocks this season. I'm not saying Sels will ever be as good as any of them but we tend to write players off very quickly here.

:thup:

Evra and Vidic were written off in their first seasons at Man U