Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

This transfer fills me with more hope. A number of people thought we could 'make do' with our keeper options in the Championship even if we lost Krul. The fact that we've gone and spent a high fee for a keeper with probably the best reputation we could manage to persuade to join us immediately after relegation speaks volumes for our ambition.

Krul was good at one on ones, that was about it.

He had a bit of a poor spell before injury.  But that really isn't true, IMO.  He used to also boss his box pretty well, but seemed to lose confidence in doing that for some reason, prior to getting crocked.  His reflexes have always been very good, too.  I know all top level keepers are 'good shot stoppers,' But Krul made some outrageous saves and was well above average in that regard, I thought.   

It was his kicking and distribution, that was always the biggest problem with him.

If no one else has done it yet, I nominate Billy Idols "Dancing with Matz Sels" to the list of shite puns and cringeworthy songs.

Oh dancing with Matz Sels

Well there's nothing to lose

And there's nothing to prove

I'll be dancing with Matz Sels

If no one else has done it yet, I nominate Billy Idols "Dancing with Matz Sels" to the list of s**** puns and cringeworthy songs.

Well there's nothing to lose

And there's nothing to prove

I'll be dancing with Matz Sels

Isn't that the song Geordie Dancer used to erm, dance to?  :lol: