Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

Darlow dropped one of the worst clangers I've ever seen from a Newcastle goalie in the York friendly last year.

Darlow also had the worst performance by an NUFC keeper in many many years against WBA. Big reason to why I don't trust him.

Guest neesy111

Darlow dropped one of the worst clangers I've ever seen from a Newcastle goalie in the York friendly last year.

Darlow also had the worst performance by an NUFC keeper in many many years against WBA. Big reason to why I don't trust him.

That performance came with him knowing he was playing less than 30 minutes before the game.  Easy to see why he wasn't prepared for the game.

Was a f***ing friendly man :lol:

Krul seemingly not going to be fit for a few month or two, Eliott longer, Woodman out on loan, that other chap probably for the Reserves/Academy and so yeah, we needed another keeper.

Made a mistake, conceded a penalty, dove the right way but somehow still didn't save the penalty - sounds to me like the guy had a little nightmare period that he'll need to and likely will learn from and get over it. We've now a proper world class Manager, a great staff and a good GK coach who made Darlow look pretty damn decent in the run-in.

Happens every year man. Everyone says how friendlies mean fuck all and yet players consistently get written off or hyped to the moon based on these meaningless games.

Wait, isn't everyone saying get rid etc. taking the piss here?

Nobody wanted Elliott in goal when Krul got injured, he did well, then he got injured and everyone was panicking about Darlow and slagging his only performance for us and having doubts, guess what he did ok, now Sels is being written off after a second pre season outing unreal. Wasn't the fella voted Belgium goalie of the season in their league?