Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

So we get basically 15m pounds for him if true. tbh seems low considering last seasons form and other prices.

Starting to brick it a bit here if this is true. Didn't think we would sell him. Fear we are confident we have a plan for a replacement that will transpire into yet more failure from Rafas and Charnleys side and shit eating grin from Ashleys.

Guest chopey

Total faith in Rafa he pulled Merino out of his arse and I'm sure he has a number nine up there too.

:undecided: Can he not have come from up his sleeve, please? (With Number 9 coming other sleeve, btw, not his Jap's eye).

:D

So we get basically 15m pounds for him if true. tbh seems low considering last seasons form and other prices.

Starting to brick it a bit here if this is true. Didn't think we would sell him. Fear we are confident we have a plan for a replacement that will transpire into yet more failure from Rafas and Charnleys side and shit eating grin from Ashleys.

£15m in installments

Not a clue how people can keep coming out with this 'even we're not mad enough to...' nonsense. :spit:

I mean, we've done some ridiculous stuff obviously. But this just seems like a crazy suggestion... the only way Gayle is being sold is if we are bringing in another striker.

Do you really believe we'll sell him just to bring some money in?

I must say, I've never taken to Gayle; I just don't like him as a player. If he's not being fed chances and therefore not scoring he offers nothing to the team.

That said, it would of course be mental (and typically us) to sell our most reliable/proven goalscorer and not replace him.

Is there any form of decent source on this, or is it all coming from him being left out + speculation?

Makes no sense for us to move him on atm or him to want to leave. Let alone drop a division. Would only make sense for us if we had another top striker agreed and generally wouldn't make sense for Gayle atall but yeah.

Not a clue how people can keep coming out with this 'even we're not mad enough to...' nonsense. :spit:

I mean, we've done some ridiculous stuff obviously. But this just seems like a crazy suggestion... the only way Gayle is being sold is if we are bringing in another striker.

Do you really believe we'll sell him just to bring some money in?

Seems Rafa is pushing his sale, doesn't seem to be a desperate attempt by Mike Ashley to raise money.  We're all too damaged from previous Newcastle business to have any faith or confidence in how we do things though

Guest firetotheworks

Surely even we wouldn't sell without a replacement? Surely?

My certainty about Rafa not walking is up in the air now, and it probably hinges on this. If they sell Gayle then fuck up the replacement - whether that's deliberately, offering too little, taking too long, all that jazz they're great at - then it might well be the final straw.

Aye, it has the Milner/Schweinstieger sitch feeling about it.

There is almost zero chance that we have a quality replacement lined up. We won't pay what clubs want for a good striker this late in the window.

So that means Gayle isn't leaving, or we'll sell him just for money?

No we will sell him, but anyone hoping we get a quality replacement is in for massive disappointment. It will be some random rubbish on loan if anyone.

Is there any form of decent source on this, or is it all coming from him being left out + speculation?

Makes no sense for us to move him on atm or him to want to leave. Let alone drop a division. Would only make sense for us if we had another top striker agreed and generally wouldn't make sense for Gayle atall but yeah.

Every media outlet was pretty much reporting he is available, and no denial pretty much confirms it.