Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

If we spend that money a new player, regardless of position, then I'm all for it.

I like Gayle but I seriously doubt whether he will cut it at the top.

I'd like to see us go straight back in for Perez.

Wonder if any of our fans will dare question Rafa if this ultimately goes wrong or will they all just find somebody else to blame as usual.

You mean like Mike Ashley for making us scrape around the bargain bin all summer?

Wonder if any of our fans will dare question Rafa if this ultimately goes wrong or will they all just find somebody else to blame as usual.

How about we wait to see what's actually happening and if something goes wrong before deciding who to blame?

Well this is all a bit crazy.

Well, we're not in the championship anymore, and can't rely on our quality to overcome teams. Rafa has insisted since we got promoted that this season will need the team to have a great mentality and a hardworking mindset.

Maybe they don't feel Gayle is working hard enough out there, and he might feel he shouldn't because it means it compromises his hamstrings. I can see how things might have gone this way.

This club man ... why this is all only just coming about with two days left in the window is beyond me. Unreal. God help us.

Let's replace an injury-prone footballer with Danny Ings.

He's supposed to be back looking decent, whoever takes a punt on him will either score or bust. You are right though, its out of the frying pan and in to the volcano, just think Ings has some serious talent whereas Gayle's limit is much lower.

Not sure what to think about this. From a footballing perspective, obviously not sure what's going on behind the scenes, I don't think I like it at all.

If he's psychologically hampered due to this injury, which is one among many he's had, surely that will be rebuilt with time? He can clearly sniff out a goal and if we were to get Origi, say, I'd say that limits our options rather than expands them, when we already have Joselu and Mitrovic.