Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Surely even we wouldn't sell without a replacement? Surely?

Don't think we would, although this is Newcasltle  :lol:. This doesn't seem to be a case of the club going behind the managers back to sell him, Rafa seems to be driving it and is keen to do it.  Fucking last thing we need at the end of the window though, unless a much better striker is coming

In relation to the French news source, this has been taken from a Fulham forum:

But the journalist breaking the news Mohamed Bouhafsi is usually very well connected. He now has his own show on transfers on a leading French TV sport channel who covers the Premier League (SFR). So a rather credible source in my view.

Anyone know if that is the case? Is this chap credible?

Wonder if any of our fans will dare question Rafa if this ultimately goes wrong or will they all just find somebody else to blame as usual.

I'm with Rafa no matter what.

If he wants to move Gayle on it's because he knows that we will not have success with him leading the line this season. Maybe the level of effort in training etc has been ramped up this off season and it hasn't been good for him physically.

We are going to have to be disciplined and graft in order to succeed with the players we currently have, and that is not necessarily a bad thing either. We worked really hard from the first to the last man against West Ham, and it was a great and enjoyable performance.

My certainty about Rafa not walking is up in the air now, and it probably hinges on this. If they sell Gayle then fuck up the replacement - whether that's deliberately, offering too little, taking too long, all that jazz they're great at - then it might well be the final straw.

My certainty about Rafa not walking is up in the air now, and it probably hinges on this. If they sell Gayle then 'fuck up'  the replacement - whether that's deliberately, offering too little, taking too long, all that jazz they're great at - then it might well be the final straw.

:thup:

My thoughts exactly.

We did it well last season with the Townsend sale, where Ritchie was announced almost immediately. We better hope for a repeat in this case, with a decent striker coming in.

Wonder if he wants to move back to the South?

Perhaps Rafa tested his hunger in the first couple of games? Since dropped him from squad as he's not been happy with his application hence the 'attitude' issue?

Seems plausible to me.

Movement out in the last week gathering pace, ££ banked from Gayle sale along with bits and pieces from De Jong etc, wages freed up.  Dreaming of a beast of a striker coming in. Won't happen like

My certainty about Rafa not walking is up in the air now, and it probably hinges on this. If they sell Gayle then fuck up the replacement - whether that's deliberately, offering too little, taking too long, all that jazz they're great at - then it might well be the final straw.

I can't imagine any scenario where this happens. Even we aren't mad enough to sell our top striker at the end of the window unless the replacement is iron clad signed.

Wonder if he wants to move back to the South?

Perhaps Rafa tested his hunger in the first couple of games? Since dropped him from squad as he's not been happy with his application hence the 'attitude' issue?

Seems plausible to me.

I think the 'attitude' thing is in relation to his attitude towards his hammy.