Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Mitrovic :lol:

Absolutely mystified why people rate him like.

Absolutely mystified by you still post on here like.

Seriously though, can't remember last time you had something positive to say.

Guest firetotheworks

Any need? You could always fuck off like, bellend.

Guest firetotheworks

Really like Mitrovic myself, equally mystified by people who can't see his potential. Not that I fancy debating him again but I think he's very good for a striker his age and will only get better.

I totally see the potential part of it, or at least other people thinking that, but last season people were going on like he was going to be a big deal (irl more than anything). The chances he missed couldn't be excused by age imo and I got the impression that people just liked him because he was a bit radge.

Really like Mitrovic myself, equally mystified by people who can't see his potential. Not that I fancy debating him again but I think he's very good for a striker his age and will only get better.

agree, needs a good opportunity in the championship- needs to shine, and stake his claim if/ when we get back to the prem

Any need? You could always f*** off like, bellend.

:lol:

See.

:thup:

Just looking at his stats from last season, according to whoscored he had seven starts as a striker in the league and got no goals or assists in those games.

Worth keeping in mind who he was playing under...

Love 4231 if it's done correctly. Need one of the two to be fairly attacking and get into the box, while the three should be interchangeable and all have a fairly free role with the striker being either a target man (Lewandowski) or someone with pace who gets behind the defence (Griezmann).

:thup:

Think we have to be careful with getting another striker tbh. If we replace Cisse with an automatic starter I don't know what message that sends to Mitro, while I don't think competition is a bad thing he seems to be a confidence player and it could break him. Giving him the 9 could really be the making of him, he also really understands and likely craves it being a boyhood fan. Either way I am sure Rafa can convince him whatever role he plays will be in his best interest.

Probably need to bring in a backup physical, target man with experience. I wouldn't be surprised to yet see McCormack in, would be hard to leave he or Mitro out. 

Dwight Gayle was wearing the number 9 on the training kit from today's sessions, photos on the official site.

Shelvey and Aarons were both wearing 16.. de Jong was wearing 15