Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Gayle, known to his teammates as 'teeth' due to his gold crowns, lost four gnashers when he was punched in the face.

FOOTIE ace Dwight Gayle lost his front teeth when he was punched unc­onscious during a night out.

The £10million Newcastle striker was with a group celebrating Toon skipper Jam­a­al Lascelles’ 23rd birthday.

They had visited several bars and clubs in Liverpool when one of the party reportedly took exception to Gayle discussing his £35,000-a-week earnings.

He took a swing at the ex-Crystal Palace man and hit him twice in the face.

Gayle — dubbed Teeth by team-mates, apparently due to his gold crowns — was KOd and lost four gnashers.The 4am street scrap on Sunday came as Wayne Rooney and England pals staged a bender following their victory over Scotland.

A source said: “The night had started fine, but the champagne was flowing and things got out of hand.

“One lad took exception to Dwight talking about his pay and took a swing at him. It was a real shock.

“He hit him hard and, as Dwight went down, hit him again. He was out cold.”

Merseyside Police said they were called to a report of two men fighting but ar­rived to find no one there.

The source added: “Everyone was in shock. Dwight was texting people the next day saying he’d lost four teeth. He was really angry.”

Gayle, 26, has netted 11 times since joining Newcastle in July, making him the Championship’s top scorer.

When he was given the match ball for a hat-trick against Norwich in September one team-mate wrote on it: “Well done teeth.”

Gayle, who has since had his smile repaired, had not reported the assault to the police. Newcastle United declined to comment.

Who would have thought The Sun might make something up...

Why would you go out with (and obviously know to get invited) footballers, and then clout one because he said he earns great money.

That's like going out with a carpenter and when he talks wood you nut him, stupid f***ers.

It's not that hard to understand. If two people go out on the piss and one starts taking the piss out of the other there's a fair chance of violence. My guess is also that had it been a player from another club people would've been more like "don't condone it byut what did he expect"

Why would you go out with (and obviously know to get invited) footballers, and then clout one because he said he earns great money.

That's like going out with a carpenter and when he talks wood you nut him, stupid f***ers.

It's not that hard to understand. If two people go out on the piss and one starts taking the piss out of the other there's a fair chance of violence. My guess is also that had it been a player from another club people would've been more like "don't condone it byut what did he expect"

I was being flippant. But on the serious side, if true it's pathetic and there are a number of reasons, none of which i believe in The Sun that could of caused a ruction. No doubt The Sun made up the wages part because they're footballers.

If it is true, meh. Divs all round.

Crock of shit, if that actually happened at Lascelles 23rd then the group of people they were out with would have undoubtedly been NUFC team-mates, aside from maybe Jamaal's pals. And I'm sure there would be more news outlets than the fucking sun reporting if a footballer was sparked out and lost 4 teeth.

I only posted it because i actually wondered if he would be available tomorrow? If it is true would he not be messing, four teeth missing and a KO surley would mean you would be out. When was Lascelles birthday? Bacause maybe if true his  alleged muscle strain was a smokescreen.

I only posted it because i actually wondered if he would be available tomorrow? If it is true would he not be messing, four teeth missing and a KO surley would mean you would be out. When was Lascelles birthday? Bacause maybe if true his  alleged muscle strain was a smokescreen.

The club pictures from yesterday, he was smiling with no teeth missing. i don't see any reason he won't be playing tommorow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40191515@N05/30941978672/

The club pictures from yesterday, he was smiling with no teeth missing. i don't see any reason he won't be playing tommorow.

Actually, from that photo I think all his original teeth are missing :lol:

Actually, from that photo I think all his original teeth are missing :lol:

Ha ha! I think you maybe right  :D

He scores with no teeth, he scores with no teeth, Dwight Gayle, he scores with no teeth

:lol: :lol: that was it at the end! (What the fans were singing)  Ha ha, love it. He was laughing his tits off as he walked off the pitch. Hey, and didn't do Supermac any harm  ;)

A real glimpse into what makes a natural goal scorer. That first goal looked like luck but he was on the keeper so quickly - Green didn't even get a chance to drop on the ball, Gayle flashed it in on the volley before the keeper even realised he was there.